•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear Bench Seat

GerikM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Hey everyone, I've got an 87 B2 and I am hoping to swap the seats and seatbelts for fresh Corbeau seats and seatbelts. Right now it has one original seatbelt and also a bench out of a ranger that the previous owner swapped.

Here's a little backstory, I am a college student, and here at school, I don't have my Bronco. I am working on getting it ready to bring out here either next spring or next fall but in the meantime, I am going to order the seats so they are home in time for my next break. My question for you all is, have you had any experience swapping the rear bench? I am looking at the Corbeau Baja Bench but I am trying to decide between the three sizes they have. 36", 40", and 42". I spoke with a representative at Corbeau and he assured me that the 40" bench would fit as long as the most narrow point between the wheel wells was at least 40". Hopefully that makes sense.

Do you guys know what the distance between wheel wells is on the inside?

I'd love any insight you guys have for me with this swap or any first-hand experience with the Corbeau seats. Thank you!

Here's a link to the Baja bench and a link to the seats I am planning on putting in the front.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I can measure my 89 for you today. I'll post back. I am very interested in this swap!

I am going to do front Corbeau this winter. Are you getting the brackets too?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I want to say I measured 42 inches between the wheel wells when I was doing some calculating. But I would also have to double check that number.

I'm going with the front seats myself but plan to remove the rear seat... I'm on the fence on if I will buy the brackets with the Corbeau seats. I was hoping to find information about just mounting then to my existing seat tracks.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I just went out and measured 42 inches between the wheel wells.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
What model seat? I am thinking the Moab seats

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
What model seat? I am thinking the Moab seats
That's what I'm going for too.

I want a tuffy console too. I measured my truck and I think the 8 inch wide is a bit to wide for a Bronco II. I know the graveyard suggests the 8 inch wide one. I think I'm going with the 6 1/2 inch wide version.

GerikM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Hey thank you guys for the responses, I think after this I'll probably go with the 42" seats. I spoke to a representative at Corbeau and he assured me that if I have 42" between the wheel wells then the 42" Baja seat will fit (if anyone is wondering at the base it is 41" and 42" at the widest point (near the shoulders of the seat). So I will likely stick to the 42"er there. They make brackets for the front two seats that are plug and play but for the baja bench they only offer a universal bracket which will likely need some retrofitting to bolt down but that's part of the fun. Thank you for measuring I really appreciate it. I'll post some pictures after I pull the trigger and them all installed.

Face

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
2WD
Pictures please!