•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

rear brake pressure problem

milleraj119

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
ok here goes did the high pinion front 44 sas swap and rear 8.8 disk brake swap on my1988 bronco ii the thing stopped on a dime i LOVED it got a hold of a 89 none beat up broncoII with a 4.o liter in it took about a weak and swapped the axels over got everything dialed in but for some reason i cant get the rear brakes to grab at all replaced the stock ABS brake proportion valve with an adjustable one still nothing bleed all the air out like 6 times replaced the master c still nothing bled it to like 42543 times all the brakes including pads disks and rotors are no were near 5 months old checked all them anyway bled agian lol still nothing only thing left is the booster???/ i even lifted up the rearend on a jack started it up spun the tires hit the brakes and they barley stop i could even let the clutch out in first gear and let the tires spin and hit the brakes and they just keep spinning i have no idea?? just spent 6 hours today tryin to figure this out the only thing that would lock up the rear to kill the engin when the rear end liftedup in fist gear and spinning would be to pump the brakes like 7 times and it would grab a little and stall the engin the adjustable porportin vavle is hooked up corectly in form the master out the the rear brakes same as stock tryed adjusting nob and even bench bled it and the master cylinder still nothing???. i dont see why it would be the booster power brakes seem fine?? any help would be appreciated thanks:icon_confused:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Shoes are worn
Star wheel isn't adjusted to lightly contact shoes to drum
Master cylinder is bad

How much do the shoes extend with the drums off?

Will the parking brake hold when you try to pull out in 1st, making it stall? If not, adjust the shoes star to lightly contact the drums. You should be able to rotate the drum and hear/feel the shoes scraping. I usually adjust them so the drum is just a little hard to turn by hand.

milleraj119

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
not to be rude i have four wheel disk brakes no drums front brakes lock up great rear dosent get really any pressure no kninks in the brakes lines either

snoopdoggie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 2.9 2.9 4.0 4.0
Booster should not effect rear differently from the front. Did you pressure bleed the rears or just pump the pedal? What about the rubber line from frame to rear axle? I have had front hoses collapse internally and not let pressure through.