•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear floor sill

littlefoot

Reaction score
best bet would be to check the parts for sale category or scrapyard, I searched rockauto and ebay but the search gets blended with the door sills. good luck!

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
No joy. Mine was bad and I searched for weeks. I ended up making my own. Was a huge pain. Not perfect but works.

HI ENUF

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Made mine removable to make it simple to change fuel pump or in my case just the sender.

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
No joy. Mine was bad and I searched for weeks. I ended up making my own. Was a huge pain. Not perfect but works.
Any pics on how you welded to fenders?

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
No clear pictures. Mine was rusted away primarily around the mounts. So I made a new beam 1/2 at a time like a clam shell. I put a pipe section between the shells as a sleeve around at the mount bolt to prevent it from crushing. In areas where it was rusted next to the inner sidewall I simply made pieces to join them to the beam and welded them together. In no pro but it got the job done. I bolted and screwed it in place then welded it. Finished off with JB weld to pretty it up. Been 3 years now.

Attachments

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
I’m still looking for this….I did have a guy on one of the Facebook sites say he used a sill plate from a exploder and just trimmed it, and had to do some modifications…thinking I might go this route

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I’m still looking for this….I did have a guy on one of the Facebook sites say he used a sill plate from a exploder and just trimmed it, and had to do some modifications…thinking I might go this route
Make sure to post up when you do it. Would love to see the results