•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear speaker conundrum

blackburb

Reaction score
So I'm now on my 3rd 88 B2. I bought my first one over 20 years ago and installed a pair of Coustic 5x7 speakers in the read side panels and I removed them when I junked that truck prolly 12 years ago or more. I just went to install them in my "new" 88 and they don't remotely come close to fitting. The factory speaker, even tho the model is something 57, is considerably smaller than the Coustics. I have no recollection of having to modify my 1st B2 to install these speakers, but they sure don't fit in this one! Did Ford make a change to the rear speakers within the 88 model year? Or am I just going crazy?:oops:

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
You may not be crazy, over the years who knows what a previous owner may have done.
For me, I like a good set of fronts. The rears are just "fill-in" sound. They just aren't positioned for good sound to the front seats.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Maybe one had the "premium sound" system and your current one doesn't. Not sure if they changed speakers for the so called "Premium" radio or not, not sure what is premium because the stereo doesn't even work in mine LOL. Doesn't work in my Ranger either, must be a Ford thing. Both of the radios are the same AM/FM/Cassette. I've never bothered looking at speakers because the head units apparently are shot so I can't say for certain what speakers are in my Bronco 2's rear panels, but I'm definitely wondering if they're different due to the standard or premium sound system?