•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Round two, the build is on

James H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
My credo
Hold my beer and watch this!
Yeah, thankfully no one. Was hurt, and it's just a car. I have sources to get the fender staightened out, the bumper will just be pulled out for now. It will be replaced with a winch bumper, hopefully on the coming year.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

James H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
My credo
Finally getting my explorer spring on the truck. I'll put more up later.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
May have missed it, were you doing anything to the front suspension?

James H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
My credo
No. I didn't do the front suspension. That was all about finally getting all the part on that I had. Yesterday was rear springs, trans mount, fuel filter and valve cover gaskets. The front is in the works, but I think my clutch is going out, and with the lift int the rear (1 3/8 total gain) it feels like I have to relearn how to drive this truck.

James H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
My credo
For those that want to know. I took a tape measure to everything as I was doing the swap. 94xlt explorer spring with energy suspension poly red bushings. I don't compare to stock b2 spring because we all know they are bigger and better. Before my rear end was 29 something, after I was at 31 1/8. For a total of 1 3/8 raise in the rear. Front didn't change, about 30 inches both sides. The I jolts I got we're custom built 1/2x3x9. They are way too long. Factory u bolts I pulled off are 2 7/8x7 probly 1/2 dia. That length would have worked, mane 1/2 longer. But my jounce while driving is gone, and I have steering back. The springs got rid of a lot of my wander in the front end. Any questions for details just ask. I probably have a pic or can take a measurement. Oh... And it goes without saying but expect a lot of rust... I had rf bolt sized to the bushing, re came off fine, lf snapped off and let was sized to the nut and had to be cut off. Keep the bolts off the explorer, the thread is the same and the bent flange nut can be used in the front hanger. The exp bolts are only about 1/4 shorter, so it doesn't matter. My next step is going to be breaking off the shackles. Mine are sized to the frame.... That should be fun. This round was strictly springs.

James H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
My credo
Oh, I also check the alignment beforehand, I haven't rechecked yet, that will be Monday after work. Cause I really want to know how the rear end will affect the front, both feel and by the numbers.