•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

seat compatible?

IHart28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My first post!

So I VERY recently bought an '89 Bronco II and the front seats are in rough shape to say the least. I cannot find used seats anywhere for a Bronco nor Bronco II. I do not want the split bench seating either, I am looking for two captains chairs/seats and then purchase a center console.

My question is... I found two front seats that are EXACTLY what I am looking for (or at least they appear to be at this point) that are from an 87-91 Ford -150, 250 and 350. Will they be compatible for my 1989 Bronco II and if not, how much trouble would I be looking at? Thank you for your help and advise,

-Ivan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
BroncoII
Did you ever get an answer to your question about seats that will fit?

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
don't think they would (just a guess) the full size are wider. I suppose you could modify the seat bases or drill new holes to make them fit, still wondering if it would even fit in between the door and trans tunnel.
Have you tried explorer seats? I have a set from a 2000 Explorer in mine, bolts right to the BII seat brackets with no trouble and I grabbed the counsel also. Just a though

Bcuzicn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Does anybody know if there are rear seats that swap with the Bronco ii, or somewhere you can get new black upholstery for them, I'm thinking I'm just going to have tip do it myself unfortunately... TIA

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
The bronco and bronco 2 are NOT the same size, seats will NOT interchange. You need seats from a ranger, explorer or another bronco 2. Also, if you use seats from a ranger or explorer you may need the brackets off the original seats as they have different mounting angles and positions than a ranger or explorer. The seats themselves from a ranger or explorer will fit, but the brackets will not in many cases.

As for rear seats, no, you need bronco 2 seats for replacements or find an upholstery shop to fix them for you.

IHart28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Bill,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the response back. No, I never did receive an answer from anyone but I was able to find a passenger seat. Still [sadly] trying to find a driver's side seat.

IHart28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Wow, thank you, I will have to check that out. I'm sure I can find seats from a 2000 Explorer much more easily.

Diggdugg4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
My first post!

So I VERY recently bought an '89 Bronco II and the front seats are in rough shape to say the least. I cannot find used seats anywhere for a Bronco nor Bronco II. I do not want the split bench seating either, I am looking for two captains chairs/seats and then purchase a center console.

My question is... I found two front seats that are EXACTLY what I am looking for (or at least they appear to be at this point) that are from an 87-91 Ford -150, 250 and 350. Will they be compatible for my 1989 Bronco II and if not, how much trouble would I be looking at? Thank you for your help and advise,

-Ivan

MoyaBros

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Does anyone know where i can find front 60/40 seats for my B2

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Ranger seats of the same era should bolt right in. I'm not exactly sure what years work.