•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Someone must be able to use these parts ( Done) Parts no longer Available

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Father time marches on. I have been hanging onto these parts for quite some time. Everything is from a 1986 Ranger. Eng. ran very well when removed.
Everything related to the engine and running gear is included. 5 speed manual with manual transfer case as well as everything in the photos. Even the ECU and odd things like the taillights, glove box door and arm rests. Engine is free and turns over by bare hands on the flywheel. No breaker bar required. Photos were all taken within one minute of each other showing the pistons in different positions.
I will travel up to 200 miles with my truck to meet a buyer if my fuel expenses are covered for both ways. I live in upstate NY

$250.00 takes it all.
Phone works best. (518) 681-9170
Working on the photo's.
EDIT: I see I am showing zero posts. I got a birthday greeting from the site. I figure I may have been shirt tailed from the Ranger Forum I used to visit. It has been a while.
Anyway, I searched for an Intro section but did not see one. Hope I am not breaking any etiquette rules. I know it is not real cool to make a for sale first post.
I would love to see these parts go to someone who can make use of them.
Photo's are in the second post.

Last edited:

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Apparently the links to photos was not working.
Think I have it fixed.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My Bad, Additional information.
These parts are from the first year the extra cab was offered. I believe 1986. The only vehicle I have ever purchased new.
At very low mileage it developed an odd noise in the engine. Neither I or Ford could definitively identify. It bothered me and I bugged Ford a whole lot about it.
They finally called it 'Piston Slap" and agreed to allow me to have the engine rebuilt. The cylinders and pistons are .30 over. I drove it for 48,000 trouble free miles after that.
Everything has been properly pickled and stored inside for over 10 years. Yesterday when moving some things around in the garage the .30 on the piston tops caught my eye.

Last edited:

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Try as I may I just cannot get photos to upload.
OK, just went back to the original post starting the thread and the photo links worked.
This Tech stuff makes my head hurt. LOL

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9l
Suspension Style
4wd
I know this is a long shot being this thread is pretty old, but do you have a cylinder head still? Looking for a new style one, with the square-type pedestals. Doesn't have to be rebuilt or even include springs and valves, used is perfect.