•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Sounds like two midgets sword fighting

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
I have changed the wheels bearings, struts, ball joints look fine, yet I am getting this loud clanking noise coming form both sides of my front end. Any words of wisdom?

BullFrog13x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
tell the midgets that there is no sword fighting allowed while driving, and that you will pull over and make them walk.:icon_rofl:

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
tell the midgets that there is no sword fighting allowed while driving, and that you will pull over and make them walk.:icon_rofl:
If they keep fighting, I might be the one walking.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
I'll check that today. I have noticed my brake pad on the inner side slide up and down in the caliper, is that normal on B2's?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well there is normal and there is intended operation.

It is "normal" in that they all do it eventually. It is not "intended operation" because it's not supposed to do that. Something, possibly the knuckle, is worn out.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Ight so I have ran through the whole front end. These are the items that are good to go, shocks, wheel bearings, tie rod ends, ball joints, and radius arm bushings. The only thing I seen was the ibeam bushings a lil worn and gaped pretty bad. I would assume this is the problem. Ill be stopping by the parts house this weekend to buy new ones and take the hole front end down off the frame and pretty much replace all the bushings just cause. And spray a lil look good on it. If that doesnt fix it then I dont know......(lost)

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Well, I replaced about every dang bushing there is on the front end and no more midgets sword fighting. Guess they got tired out.

Aleksfoxtrot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Right on. I just bought a bronco 2 and it needs every bushing known to man. And I need a right side radius arm because some genius got in a wreck and replaced the right side radius arm with an upside down left side and it has the shock bound up. I can't stand folks that don't do things right the first time.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002/1989
Vehicle
Ford
The bushings are very cheap to replace and dang worth it. Congrats on the new purchase. While I'm in Cali I need to get every part I can before I head back to Louisiana. Lord knows Cali has every car known to man kind sitting in a junk yard somewhere.