•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Speaker replacement?

3Stgs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Anyone know if drop in replacement speakers for an ‘86 BII? I actually ordered some from Crutchfield, which is about the most trusted source out there and the ones I ordered will not fit in the factory rear locations, thought I’d pick some brains and see if anyone has any suggestions. Ideally the new ones would slip right in with no modifications needed, there has to be some out there somewhere.

jmartens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Which ones did you buy? I was about to order some and noticed they all say that some modification is required, which kinda sucks.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
You're fooked as they say...I ordered what Crutchfield said would be plug and play speakers for my '88 and it took me over an hour (EACH) to get the rear panel speakers (5x7/6x8) with a Dremel and while I eventually got them to fit, I would NOT do that again as once I started cutting them, I owned them, and at any point a slip of the Dremel would have trashed them. I ordered a set of dash speaker adapters from Etsy and they worked great however...

I've been ordering mostly car stereo parts from Crutchfield for over 30 years and I've typically been very pleased with the results but in this case they really crapped the bed...