•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Stalling

Blueheeler47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The bronco is running, using it on the farm, it occasional will stall, can wait 30 seconds and it will start right back up. Replaced the fuel filter, it seemed to idle better after that and I thought that might have been the cause of the stalling, however, it stalled again. Thoughts?

I know, I need to do the duraspark conversion. My mechanic has taken a job out of town temporarily.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
I would start off by checking all of your electricl connections ,Then check your fuel pump and all the hoses to see if they are tight and make shure the pump is putting out enoug fuel for the motor. when was the last time the vehical had a tune up ?

Blueheeler47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
This spring got new plugs, wires, distributor, cap and rotor, and recently a new fuel filter. I only use it on the farm, has ran better with the new fuel filter, running conventional gas in it. It has had periods the last few years where it has sat quite a bit. Parts store said maybe the ignition module, my experience with them though was they either work or they don't.

Thanks for the reply Wild Horse!