•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Surprised

Terry48

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Resized_20220629_121435.jpeg

I was surprised when I found out how much our Broncos II was worth. I am in the process of obtaining (classic) insurance for its value. Also I found out the insurance said I need to keep it garaged (have to take out a lot of junk, tools and new garage door (it needed both anyway) and restricting how many miles we can drive. The wife is disappointed as she wanted to use it.

The interior will be finished this week. Then back to the mechanic to wash under the hood, fix the a/c and a couple other things. I will still have things to do to it. Thinking about repainting as the clear coat is peeling in places. Going to try to do something to stop it, for now. Whew, the cost of a good paint job. Gonna hafta save awhile.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
They're really only worth as much as someone will pay for it.

What resource did you use to determine its value?

Terry48

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I had three resources. Two were from insurance companies. Ya they would for the business. One company looked, they said, in NADA. We had a group at the California Automobile Museum. I am a Docent there. Hagerty was there. He mentioned it first to me. I had a person at the museum who dealt with the consigned and donated cars at the museum. He did some research told me what he found out. I understand the when I insure the Bronco at an agreed value. They would pay it if something should happen. It is cheaper than regular insurance and the regular insurance depreciates the vehicle. So I thought it would be the
better option. So. ???

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I was just curious is all. When Ford announced they were bringing back the Bronco... prices went through the roof. I haven't KBB mine but I'm sure those prices are up too.

I don't want to be chained to some collector car type insurance. I bought it to use it and enjoy it. Not to mention take it off road. I did however put what Illinois calls an Expanded Antique plate on it. Drive all you want between April 1st and October 31st. It can even be used in emergencies in to off period or to have repaired. Saved me $250 for the year.