•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

To sell or not.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Well guys, I've come to the point where I need to make a decision. My BII is in good shape for her age, but I haven't driven her in years. Trying to decide if I ought to put her up for sale or not. I just don't want to see her go to someone who wouldn't appreciate how old she is and what she is. 1984 is the first year for BII,s and I'm sure I could never find another in as good as shape she is. Input would be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
If you can sale it for what you want/need out of it then I would say: Sale It. It is only a thing.

Dennis

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Well, that's the hard part. I've had her since 1985, been from Virginia to Colorado to Texas with the family and never really let me down. My son drove her for years and she came back to me when he didn't need her anymore. So to me she's not just a thing even though others may think so.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Ok then. If she is part of the family than I say clean her up good and give her a place of honor and pass her on to your grandchildren. Someday they will say this was Grandpa's car.

Dennis

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
That's a sad part too, I'm probably the only one that really cares about her. My grandchildren, both girls, want my Mustang lol. But I think I'm gonna keep her and build her up and make her special again.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Sounds like plan

Dennis

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Played this game with my 84 Bronco 2. Would have loved to have kept it but it needed so much work and seemed to like to eat starters. I ended up driving it to the pick a part and got $350 for it. I have an 88 EB Bronco 2 now which is my DD. I've put quite a bit of money into it slowly fixing things up on it, and plan on keeping this one.

My first vehicle was an 84 Ranger XL 4x2. My grandfather bought it new in 84 drove it to work daily until he retired in 88, even did a lot of traveling with it from 84 until 89 when they got a larger trailer and an 88 F250 4x4 460. Then the ranger was just an occasional trip to town truck, my mom used it for a while, and it became my graduation gift when I graduated high school. I drove it for several years, and not knowing about TRS, and the duraspark trick to get rid of the stupid computer mess, I sold the truck in 2002 for $700 it ran until it got hot which now knowing it was the TFI module. Well at that time nobody seemed to know what was going on, or how to fix it. So needing a vehicle for work I regrettingly sold the truck. How I wish I could have that truck back now :(. It was in excellent condition other than that TFI/computer mess. No dents, scratches, etc. Interior was in great shape with the exception of the Ranger/Bronco 2 dash cracking problem LOL.

If I were you I'd keep it, drive it occasionally like every couple weeks. You just can't find them like that anymore, most the ones I find are trashed.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Yeah, it's a shame to see them waste away to rust or worse. I do have a special place in my heart and mind for this BII. Been mine a long time and I have slowly done many upgrades. I always planned on having my son help to do the big things with me. But as his life progressed, he has his own projects and things to deal with. So I wind up doing them when I can and put off the big projects. Eventually I'll get it done and probably be to old to enjoy it lol. Thanks for the input guys.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Keep it, care for it, doesn't cost much to have it stored. Its been with you for this long and you've put your heart and soul into it. Why sell it to only see it later all beat up and then beat yourself up about it after.
I'm in the same boat with mine, all the work and time, condition and so on. I'll keep it til I'm gone, couldn't sell it and then see it with someone else that wont appreciate it.
If it's a money issue then there's a decision that's tough but if it's not about needing money.... I'd have to keep it.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Keep it, care for it, doesn't cost much to have it stored. Its been with you for this long and you've put your heart and soul into it. Why sell it to only see it later all beat up and then beat yourself up about it after.
I'm in the same boat with mine, all the work and time, condition and so on. I'll keep it til I'm gone, couldn't sell it and then see it with someone else that wont appreciate it.
If it's a money issue then there's a decision that's tough but if it's not about needing money.... I'd have to keep it.
Yep, I have had a couple vehicles that I had sold, seen them later and they were trashed.

I've put quite a bit of work, time, and money into my 88 B2 EB and plan on keeping it, otherwise I wouldn't bother with all the work and money going into it to fix it up like I want. Its got quite a bit more work to have done, but over time I'll eventually get it back to at least looking somewhat new. I drive it pretty much every day so showroom condition isn't exactly what I'm after, but I'd like to get the paint redone on it...and possibly may even do that myself at some point. The engine needs an overhaul and no I'm not interested in a 4.0L swap, it does just fine with the 2.9L engine...and the A4LD tranny isn't exactly up to the task of a 4.0 went through 2 of those damn trannies in a 93 ranger...the B2's was rebuilt about a year ago so not wanting to blow a tranny, nor care for the gas hog 4.0L engine and all the stuff to squeeze it into the B2 LOL. I like it as it is.