•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Touch drive bad

Rollo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have an 88 Bronco II with touch drive 4x4 in the celing above the rear view mirror. The switch is bad and I haven't been able to find a good switch. I have a Switch from an 89 Bronco II that I know is good. I know it won't fit in the Celing where the bad switch was but I'm sure it will work if I could get help wiring it to the wiring on my 88 Bronco II. Both switches have 8 wires but the colors are not the same so I don't know how to match them up? Can/will anyone help me? Thanks.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have an 88 Bronco II with touch drive 4x4 in the celing above the rear view mirror. The switch is bad and I haven't been able to find a good switch. I have a Switch from an 89 Bronco II that I know is good. I know it won't fit in the Celing where the bad switch was but I'm sure it will work if I could get help wiring it to the wiring on my 88 Bronco II. Both switches have 8 wires but the colors are not the same so I don't know how to match them up? Can/will anyone help me? Thanks.
I have the 88 electrical manual, here's the connections.
Switch ------ Electronic Shift Control module
W/LB ------ C1
DB ------ C2
O/LB ------ C3
BR/W ------ C4
GY ------ C5

BK -> Dome Light
RY -> Fuse panel
LB/R -> Instrument Illumination (I think this turns on the light in the switch when the headlight switch is pulled)

Now you need somebody with the 89 manual to look up the wiring for you.

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Were you ever able to get the 4WD switch problem solved? Sorry totally forgot about seeing this post, or I would have grabbed the touch drive switch panel this past weekend at the pick a part :(.