•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Trying to improve road drivability.

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Over the last several weekends I have replaced the off road shocks I've been running for the last 28 Years on my 1988 Bronco II. Over the last 28 years of ownership I have run everything from Rancho, Pro-comp to KYB Mono Max. These were all two stiff for me as I have gotten older. I recently replaced with a set of FSC shocks from Rock Auto. Finally a soft ride. No more stiff ride that rocks your teeth fillings. I also replaced the stock CV driveshaft with a new one with U joints. Next I will be replacing the Firestone MT tires with a good set of AT tires. I'm leaning on a set of BF Goodrich AT's. I had good luck with them in the past. Little by little I'm making this truck a little less off road aggressive and more street friendly. Yet still very capable if needed. I will keep everybody posted on this transformation.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
for me it was cheap shocks and adjusting the sway bars that got ride quality to a civilized level. I have a post somewhere with the exact shocks to go with my 2" spacer lift.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
I went with OEM Motorcraft shocks after 25 years and have been very happy with the ride,

Dennis