•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Turbo Charged 600 Horsepower 351w in Bronco 2

Johnluhot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
As the title says, I estimate the total power to the crank will be 600 horse at the minimum. The plan is to build a 351w using the ford racing boss block and building the entire engine up from scratch.

Besides the obvious upgrade items(transmission, drive shaft, and rear axle) as well as engine bay size issues(heater cover, hood, and steering column) what else do I need to be concerned about with 600+ horse? Frame reinforcement?

I'm going for the ultimate sleeper, that's just my style :headbang:

Go ahead and bash my idea, just make sure you give reason :D

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I saw some thread with one awhile ago on TRS. I don't remember the particulars but he had lots of problems. The motor doesn't fit well without tons of mods. Headers hit bad, steering, radiator fitment, fan,etc. Try if you want, post pics too. Good luck.

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

Johnluhot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sorry for the delay in response...I plan on starting the build this fall, depending on funds lol

Right now I'm doing tons of research specifically on the 351w block since I'm going to build it from the ground up(first full build!!!;). I know it's going to be tight in several spots and I'm ready to fabricate. Good news is, since it's not a stock engine, the deck height is .3in shorter which is actually a ton of room when it's that tight. When I start the build, I'll start a thread with pics and details as I progress.

Is there anything else that you can think of that I need to address?