•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Unkown Clicking Sound?!

work_in_progress

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
1989 Bronco II with 1992 Explorer 4.0, Dana 35, (godawful) A4LD, Auto Hubs, and BW1350 Electrical T-Case. After replacing the front brakes, the vehicle began clicking, and was especially noticeable when coasting. The sound is difficult to pinpoint from the cabin, as we (my dad and I) can't determine if it is coming from the front of the vehicle or the rear.

We have disassembled and rebuilt the hubs about 4 times in order to properly torque the spindle nut, replace wheel bearings, and about to replace the seals for the wheel bearings. We cannot tell if the problems are in the front end, or if it is coming from the transmission, transfer case, or the drive shaft. It is the Bronco II CV driveshaft.

When we bought the vehicle, it did not have an engine installed, and was 2WD. Is there something that we forgot to do? Please help, and any advice would be good. (This was also posted in the B2 page on TheRangerStation.com)

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'm having virtually the same exact problem in my 89 right now, consistent metallic clicking noise most noticeable at low speeds, seems to be coming from the front drivers side but i cant tell what it is, if i figure anything out i'll be sure to let you know

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
does it do it:
under acceleration
deceleration
in drive
in neutral
reverse
turning
with the brakes applied?

they yes and no of those will help narrow it down.