•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What did you do to your Bronco today?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Word of caution for anyone trying my fuel pump access panel mod. The panel bolts can only be 1/2 inch long. The 3/4 inch long I used hit the top of the tank in the rear. Hard enough that I changed them to 1/2 inch long... didn't want the interference... especially with any kind of weight on the floor.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Well I finished up my fuel lines after mounting the fuel filter and bracket assembly. I utilized the space where the original canister fuel filter was. There was even a deflector shield on the frame to protect the original canister filter housing... easily accessible... so it just made sense.

20220812_124035.jpg

Once that far... I cycled the key several times to build system pressure and noticed two fuel leaks. Both were at the points where I tied into the factory system that was left. Both unions were leaking... you can see the return line union above and right of the fuel filter. Not wanting to declare defeat and the unions garbage... I got back under the drippy beast and gave each union a little twist while pushing the fuel lines into the unions. It worked... dry as a bone with several more key cycles and a little run time.

Fuel pressure was where it needed to be and the pressure regulator responded to throttle blips the way it was expected. The system was holding good pressure after about an hour sitting there.

20220812_173831.jpg

Gordy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Began to reinstall the air conditioning the previous owner had removed. Fortunately he saved brackets, hardware and all the old components except the old compressor. Have new compressor, condenser, dryer, lines and evaporator. Had to pick up from a bone yard the manifolds that go on the compressor which the lines attach to. My wife will enjoy riding in it a lot more with a/c but the vent windows do an awesome job if you're not sitting in traffic.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I think the red tank looks good. Good enough that I'm gonna paint the skid plate red. It goes well with all the Skyjacker lift components.

I did buy a roll of 1/8" x 2" rubber and used that for insulator strips between the strap and the tank.

20220814_141132.jpg

I hope to get some time today to tinker some more.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Began to reinstall the air conditioning the previous owner had removed. Fortunately he saved brackets, hardware and all the old components except the old compressor. Have new compressor, condenser, dryer, lines and evaporator. Had to pick up from a bone yard the manifolds that go on the compressor which the lines attach to. My wife will enjoy riding in it a lot more with a/c but the vent windows do an awesome job if you're not sitting in traffic.
I drove mine for a couple years without AC, it was brutal. No vent windows on mine. Fixing the AC, actually I replaced everything, transformed the BII. It was not cheap or easy but it was sure worth it. The only downside is that my old motor really feels it when the AC is on.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Drove it to work so she could have the truck. Top is off. Did not beat the thunderstorm.

-3/10. Do not recommend.

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
That goodness for marine grade vinyl and wash out floors...

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
That goodness for marine grade vinyl and wash out floors...
Backed it out still sopping wet around 10, everything was bone dry by noon.

rstanovich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
B2
pulling my 1988 b2 apart fixing broken rt quarter glass and windshield , with rust issues so I can paint. Runs great so far

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
No love for the Bronco's in over a month...

I've spent to last couple days regrouping the garage. The last month my time was spent working on a fixer upper house we bought down the street.

I hope to get a couple days to spend on my rig this week before the weather turns to shit.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
No love for the Bronco's in over a month...

I've spent to last couple days regrouping the garage. The last month my time was spent working on a fixer upper house we bought down the street.

I hope to get a couple days to spend on my rig this week before the weather turns to shit.
I've had back/leg issues for the last three years. I've barely driven the BII the last year. I can't wait to get healed up so I can at least drive it. Driving the BII is like therapy for me.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I've had back/leg issues for the last three years. I've barely driven the BII the last year. I can't wait to get healed up so I can at least drive it. Driving the BII is like therapy for me.
I can relate a bit... I was laid up for months this year and I'm still at about half speed still.

Viperpit07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Bottom edges of the B2 were pretty rusty and i dont plan on re painting the old girl. so some POR15 on the bad spots and spray truck bed liner along the bottom edge it is! letting it dry for atleast a day before i pull the tape off. Maybe i will work on fixing my dash lights next.

Attachments

Viperpit07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Finished the bed liner coating on the lower part of the truck. came out pretty good. now just waiting on the new tailgate handle to see if I can make that work.

Attachments

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
That looks good !

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I have my garage cleaned up enough to function in there. I have my Tuffy console on the bench and I'm about to start mounting my switch box... CB... nav light... power outlet/charge ports. I also have my coolant sender and oil filter sandwich adaptors ready to go on the truck. I'm running out of good weather and the Bronco just isn't going to fit in the garage.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Replaced the coolant temp sender on my 1990 BII. Where does your temp show as being Normal on the temp gauge. The arrow on mine comes up to between the o and the r on Normal.

Dennis

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Ya know... I haven't run mine enough to have that normal zone on my factory gauge memorized. I know they will vary some across vehicles. I say if you have good heat and it doesn't overheat... where ever it is...it's a good spot for your Bronco.

I've never trusted those gauges for any kind of accuracy...

Part of the reason I always put an aftermarket gauge set in my trucks.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
From my recollection, such as it is...
In winter it's more around 1/3 mark and in summer it's near the halfway point and it doesn't go noticeably above that.
I think the ~half way point is where my e-fan kicks in and I think I set that at 195 degrees.