•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What have you done on your Bii today?

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Changed out my power brake booster which was long overdue, fixed backup lights, and done a little rewiring for neutral safety switch. Little things that needed doing. Brake booster was a lot easier to switch than anticipated. Took about 45 minutes to do! That including readjusting the idle. But not bad to do! Been a decent day here in southeastern NC.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Few pics of Ol Girty! She’s not that pretty, but she’s fun to drive! No lift sitting on 31’s with D-lock wheels. Got front bumper from a guy who had it on his Jeep “just everybody’s else’s part’s” lol! And no I’m not dissing any jeeps they are awesome 4x4’s. Had one myself so I know from experience! Still have the original 2.8v6 with that lovely feedback carburetor and the tfi ignition, but keeping my fingers crossed! No problems with it. Done a manual transmission swap and done an exhaust change “deleted the cat and run 2 1/2 in pipe”! Made a world of difference doing those two little things! Changed out plastic interior parts and headliner from an 89. Still have the 85 dash and seats! She’s a work in progress!

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Oil was thinking about doing a camo job on my rig... still might. The bed liner paint job that was on it is really rough.

Wee also have one of these threads already going...

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
I put $70 worth of Gas in it. And that was with a .35 cent per gallon discount with my Shell Fuel Rewards Card

Dennis

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
I like the pattern on mine, it was done when I got it. Guy didn’t do much prep work when he done it! Got some flaking in spots! Where it has flaked paint didn’t appear to have been sanded if any at all. Gonna get around to fixing it sometime lol! Just trying to get all my mechanical stuff done before I start on the body! No sense to make it look good if I can’t drive it!

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Done a timing check. Just for for the chit and giggle’s of it! It’s nice when you can set it by ear and when you check it with your timing light, it’s almost perfect! Can’t complain being the original feedback carb setup with the tfi ignition system! Most are crap!

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I took it in for an allignment today. Drives way safer now!

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Well in past 2 weeks had to reseal the LH side glass! A lot easier than I expected! Also checked the timing and reset it. Couldn’t ask for a 37 year old bronco ii with a 2.8 with the original feed-backed carb lol and tfi ignition to run much better! Well maybe a little lol! No complaints with a 195k on her! Oh and also check valve cover bolts! They needed a little snug! Gonna try and get my manual hub swap done soon!

Happy trailing everyone!

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Well in past 2 weeks had to reseal the LH side glass! A lot easier than I expected! Also checked the timing and reset it. Couldn’t ask for a 37 year old bronco ii with a 2.8 with the original feed-backed carb lol and tfi ignition to run much better! Well maybe a little lol! No complaints with a 195k on her! Oh and also check valve cover bolts! They needed a little snug! Gonna try and get my manual hub swap done soon!

Happy trailing everyone!
What did you use to reseal the glass? Minde dont seem to he leaking, but the seal looks old and dry, and I know the failure of all man-made things is inevitable.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
They make something called window ribbon! I maybe wrong on the name. If so correct me lol! You should be able to purchase it at a local auto glass shop! That’s what needs to be used! I didn’t use it myself!

I unsnapped the chrome trim from around the window. Only had a very small amount of the original seal holding the window in! Removed the window and cleaned up all the seal that was left! I had some sealant that was made for windows and doors left from a job! Colored gray which doesn’t matter! Dries but stays pliable, so doesn’t get hard! 25 yr. stuff! No more water running in the back! It’s been raining everyday at some point for the last week or so! Dry as a bone 🦴 lol! I know I should have used what is recommended to fix it correctly! But it’s mine and isn’t going no where except to jr. if it make it that long! He will v-8 swap it first thing if it was his lol! But it’s not yet!!! She’s mine and all mine hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Perkinator104 you live a few states over from me but basically deal with the hot and humid weather of the southeast!! Gotta love it!!!

rstanovich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
B2
so I just got a 350. dollar 1988 b2 jewel of a rig. old man passed and I got it from 2nd owner who had a tree limb fall and break the passenger side rear glass!! cost more than the truck! Anyway 2nd owner never used it. 130,000 miles needs alot of the simple stuff. Plugs replaced now it starts up fine, has most of the rust issues, cowl full of pine needles, cleaned out. Temp sensor replaced. I have only played at it for a few hours so far waiting for registration so I can drive and see what else is wrong, a project for sure.