•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Will 92 ranger brakes fit into a 84 Bronco 2?

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
I know the rear brakes on our 84 Bronco 2 are on the way out. I just picked up a 92 ranger for parts for my explorer and I have no use for the brake parts in my explorer. So my question is can I take the brakes (drums, shoes, and such out of the ranger and put it into our 84 bronco 2?
I am trying to get by cheap on the bronco 2 and know the ranger has decent brakes.
Trav

Beachbuggy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
should all bolt up, even if they are sized different ( not sure on rangers, but I know that expo's are bigger) the only concern would be the hard line pitch/size/thread. could just swap the whole rear if the gears are the same.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Well I would just be taking the shoes and cylinders I have newer drums from a bronco 2.

I haven't found out yet the gears. If it is a lower gear ratio I will be swapping front and rear end under my bronco 2 only if it is lower gears or has LS.
Also going to start sourcing info on the 4.0L swap I have a complete chassis ready for it to go under the bronco 2 as long as drive shafts are the same. I still need a bit of research done on it.
Trav