•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

WTB.......89' OEM radio with tape deck.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Functional of course......I have an aftermarket (Sony) that the tape deck no longer functions on. Anyone have a spare sitting on the shelf they would be interested in parting with?

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Bump......

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
One more bump......

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Nobody have one or just nobody seen the post yet?

Andy1416

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L v6
Suspension Style
4wd
I have a factory one sitting in my house sitting somewhere in mint shape. I could take pictures of it once I find it and ship it to you if you're interested?

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I am certainly interested....the one in my 89' is an aftermarket that I can't figure out and the tape deck doesn't work. Can you text me some pics? 3six077zero59one9.....any idea how much you want for it?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I've had several Fords with the same crappy radio, currently have an 88 Bronco 2 and 87 Ranger with non-functional factory radios...must be a Ford thing. The one in my 84 Bronco 2 was missing completely but different style, the one in my 91 Tempo didn't work either. Need replacement radios for my Bronco 2 and Ranger, but they're the least of my troubles right now....the cassette player in my Bronco 2 works, but only 1-2 speakers work depending on what bumps you hit in which order it seems like LOL. The radio in my Ranger doesn't work just the clock.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I've had lots of Fords and the only time I've had problems with the radios was if they were aftermarket. The OEM ones all seemed to work fine. Speakers on the other hand, the paper elements get brittle and crack after just a few years it seems. Especially the door ones which get wet and very dirty. At least I can see the dials and understand how to operate the factory ones.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I've had lots of Fords and the only time I've had problems with the radios was if they were aftermarket. The OEM ones all seemed to work fine. Speakers on the other hand, the paper elements get brittle and crack after just a few years it seems. Especially the door ones which get wet and very dirty. At least I can see the dials and understand how to operate the factory ones.
The radio in my Bronco 2 I think has a short in it, it started working again this afternoon, usually if I turn it on all I get is high pitched squealing regardless what station its on. The Ranger has no sound at all, occasionally if I fiddle with all the knobs whatever short is in it sometimes goes away and I get a bit of sound but other than that at full volume its totally silent. Not worth tearing the whole dash apart to figure out, nothing really on the radio worth listening to anyhow LOL. I'd just like to have the cassette player to at least work LOL

michaelh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I'm looking for one as well if there is a second person out there with a functional factory radio.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Have you found it yet Andy1416?

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II

Mcitriglia2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
I have one that I am willing to part with. I can send pictures. I can send pictures

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I think I already have one from the Ranger Station....I'll let you know.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I did find another radio.......three of them in fact and one worked perfectly.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
What is needed to remove the radio? Special tools of any kind? I've been finding a few at local pick a part yards lately, might try my luck pulling one and putting in my 88 Bronco 2, but my 88 B2 has the "premium" sound with the amp, so my guess would be I would have to find a radio for the premium sound in order for anything to work?

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
It depends on what type you're pulling.....if it has two holes on each side you will need two "wire U's" to push in there (a special Ford tool but I've used hard welding rod wire) to release the locks. I'm not sure about the ones with no holes.