•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

WTB Rear drive shaft

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
My 89' B2 has a CV joint rear drive line that had bad boots.....I cleaned it up, greased it and put universal boots on it. It has a bit of play at both ends and when I get up to around 60+ mph it starts to vibrate a tad bit.....not horrible and not noticeable below 60. I want to replace it with a u-joint drive shaft. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to buy? I found a Cardon re-built at RockAuto for $294 (shipped). Seems like a good enough deal for what everyone else is asking.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Back when I bought mine I looked around and I could get it from multiple sources for around $300.
I ended up buying it from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard to support them. No issues with them or the driveshaft.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Back when I bought mine I looked around and I could get it from multiple sources for around $300.
I ended up buying it from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard to support them. No issues with them or the driveshaft.

He doesn't show one for my application (1989, 4x4, auto, rear shaft, 30 1/4").....

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Apparently I was at the wrong site (Jeffs Bronco Graveyard)......That looks like the exact same thing that Rock Auto sells.....same price. Thanks.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Got the driveline from Rock Auto ($275 with shipping), installed it and went for a check ride. It fixed several problems: (1) A hard clunk when going from P/N to F/R gear, (2) a low speed growl which I thought was a pinion bearing, (3) and lastly a vibration above 65 mph. Drives real nice now and reasonably quiet. Changed all the tie rods and am scheduled for a front end alignment Friday. All that's left is the headliner, a new windshield, and paint