•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 94xlt4.0

1. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

nothing really new to post but I have a pic of me screwing around on my property in the b2. its the last pic i'll have of the current blue and white color scheme. plastidip coming soon...
  2. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

theres not much to write up on the wrap. you clean the hell out of th surface. and apply like a sticker but use a heat gun to smooth out bubbles and i used a plastic bondo spreading board to press into the lines. took about 2 hours or so to get it good
  3. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

another update: i was getting tired of not being able to run the heater on cold nights because with the headlights and heater on the alternator couldnt keep up with the demand. so, i decided to do the swap to a 3g alternator. write up HERE. i HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend doing it if you have any...
  4. 94xlt4.0

Getting to be rare, hard to abuse .

cj's were available with the 304 v8 like that one. the yj and newer only had the 4.2 or 4.0 straight six or the 4 cyl option
  5. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

another quick addition... the carbon fiber wrap completed and the scoops sitting in, will finish installing the scoops and get a final pic tomorrow.
  6. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

another update... i have had 2 tbird turbo coupe scoops for about 2 years with the intention to put them in the hood. well i finally grew some stones and started it up. first shot is very rough cuts for the scoops to fit, second pic is basically the final cut and the hood cleaned for the carbon...
  7. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

the output on them kinda sucks. i really want to do a projector retrofit to them with hids because there really isnt any better options for more light for these. for now i just use the square fogs to supplement the headlights and it works ok but the alternator doesnt like it (60 amp unit tested...
  8. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

time for another small update, i finally cut down my prerunner light bar that was meant for a full size chevrogay and welded it to fit the b2. i also installed the harbor freight offroad lights and some cheap square fog lights on the bar. the pic is before the wiring was done so you can see the...
  9. 94xlt4.0

Tire miss match

it shouldnt break anything BUT, it MAY pull to the side with the smaller tire
  10. 94xlt4.0

blow by or pcv valve?

PCV is actually the abbreviation for "positive crankcase ventilation" this is why its called a "pcv valve" not just a "pc" valve
  11. 94xlt4.0

Is the 2.9 and the D28 all that bad?

the 2.9 in my b2 does just fine up hills and highway driving. that being said with the bigger tires (31's on 3.73 gears) it does take a little more pedal to start going. but once it gets going it isnt too much less powerful than a 4.0. my ranger is the 4.0 with 3.08 gears i believe and...
  12. 94xlt4.0

Lift??

i have the spacers in my 90 b2 and with the +/- 3.5 degree adjustable bushings its just fine. i still have some room for more adjustment if i wanted to add a little more lift to it.
  13. 94xlt4.0

Ford Explorer vs Jeep Cherokee

i currently own an 88 cherokee and a 90 bronco 2. previously had a 94 ranger which is still in the family so between the 2 ford i KINDA had an explorer. the jeep runs and drives well but there is definitely a lot more road and wind noise. the body on the fords feel like better quality metal IMO...
  14. 94xlt4.0

my 90 b2's re-birth

ok been a year since the last update but finally some progress... lifted the front with spacers: and did the 93-97 4x4 lower valance: before: no valance: during fitment: and the final(sorry for the crappy night cell pic): now i need to find some fog lights to put in and fit my preunner...
  15. 94xlt4.0

coil spacers

you also need to remember the coils have probably sagged quite a bit if they are still original. with the 1½" spacers you will most likely be fine still. i have 2 inch spacers and was still alignable