•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by '99 EB Explorer

1. '99 EB Explorer

Seriously confused by 94 Explorer

That would be my guess too.
  2. '99 EB Explorer

2000 explorer starts then stalls NEED HELP PLEASE

check your spark after it dies. If there's little or no spark, I'd go with coils. I usually have more info right now...but it's late and my head isn't on straight. I'll post more tomorrow when I get the time.
  3. '99 EB Explorer

Fuel Pump Problem

In my experience....the buzz the pump makes when you turn the key on is the pump priming the fuel system. It can still be the problem however. Heat tends to kill motors real quick...and if it restarts after you let it sit for a while, that just lends to the possibility that it's over heating...
  4. '99 EB Explorer

Warrior shackle question

Yeah...I was checking out google on that. Found the same results. Thanks for the info though :D
  5. '99 EB Explorer

Warrior shackle question

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't tell me anything about which shackles I'm supposed to use. I'm asking because the width of the leaf packs is different between the TJ, CJ, YJ...yadda yadda...you get the idea. The parts guy needs to know which Jeep model the shackles fit that match the X.
  6. '99 EB Explorer

Warrior shackle question

I was just at the custom shop looking for a price on the warrior lift shackles for my X. He needs to know which Jeep they fit....'cause the leaf springs are a different width on the different Jeep models. Or if anyone has done this already and has the part # handy, that would work too. Thanks...
  7. '99 EB Explorer

Possibly leaking gasket

Get under the truck and see if the filter is coming loose. Also, when an oil filter is installed, you're supposed to use a dab of oil to lubricate the gasket or it won't seal properly. There's always the problem with a "double gasket" on your filter where the gasket from the old filter stays...
  8. '99 EB Explorer

Possibly leaking gasket

Yeah, sounds more like condensation now that you put it that way. Shouldn't be anything to worry about.
  9. '99 EB Explorer

Possibly leaking gasket

Pull your dipstick....if it's white milky in texture and color...then you have coolant in the oil. That's the fastest way to tell. Also make sure you keep an eye on it when it's oil change time if you suspect that it could be a problem in the future.
  10. '99 EB Explorer

Tires/lifting

I can't remember the brand, but I was looking into 2" "lift" shackles that are made for jeeps. I was told they'll fit the Ex perfectly. As for the front....not sure with yours.(i have the option of cranking the torsion bars on mine) As another option...have you ever considered a 2" body lift...
  11. '99 EB Explorer

Starter or Solenoid??

Had that happen to my 93. Short the two terminals on the back of the starter with a screwdriver. If it starts, then you replace the solonoid which is on the drivers side front fender like STXRanger said. If it doesn't start, then start testing other stuffs. And for the love of god, don't do...
  12. '99 EB Explorer

Why won't you close?

my exploder does that too....but i found that the handle doesn't return to it's original position after i open the hatch...i have to push it back myself before closing the hatch
  13. '99 EB Explorer

Front end question...

Was just wondering if anyone knows of a front axle that would swap in to the front of my '99 Explorer without much difficulty or cost?? Looking for something tougher than the CV setup that's on it....something with manual hubs would be freaking awesome :headbang:
  14. '99 EB Explorer

starts and dies

According to the haynes book, there are 4 things that could lead to it: 1) Loose or damaged wire harness connections at distributor, coil or alternator 2) Intake manifold vacuum leaks. Make sure all mounting bolts/nuts are tight and all vacuum hoses connected to the manifold are attached...
  15. '99 EB Explorer

Engine problems

lmao...just don't park on uneven surface to put the gas back in. I ran out of gas on my way to work with my ranger. Had to walk 2 miles to the gas station...bought a gas can that could hold $5 worth and walked back. Poured the gas in, but the truck still wouldn't start. Damned thing was on...