•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Andy D

1. A

Rear sag

Fords have had saggy rears since 1949 when they went to twin leaf spring rear ends. :D:D
  2. A

84 2.8 blowing smoke

The OP described the plugs as dark and oily . If the HG was bad . one of the plugs would have been steam cleaned. Borrow a compression tester and read up on how to use it. Condensation in the exhaust will steam for quite a bit. Generally speaking if the...
  3. A

i dont understand.....rear main seal. need advice

Also, try to replace the seal slightly off where it was located, so that the lip is on a fresh area of the shaft.
  4. A

Night from hell with my B2!!

Just for grins , swap in a known good coil. A weak coil can cause cat failure in short order.
  5. A

front oil seal leak

No experience with this situation but, can you use a round file to elongate the bolt holes a bit to move the cover to center? If I figured right , you want to move the cover to the left. Then use Aviation Forma gasket to help seal the cover to the block.
  6. A

Attaching Flywheel/clutch to transmission assembling help

I used a milk crate and a bunch of wood scraps to install transmission, A few mis-steps, but I didnt kill myself.
  7. A

damn the torpedos full speed ahead

How did the interview go? My son's college car was an ugly 86 BMW. It started out with a peeled clearcoat and then was totaled twice. I had a buddy put it on his frame jack and pull out the worst of the rear end hit. Then I cut and pasted stuff with JY parts. Didnt...
  8. A

Bronco II "weird" Trans Noise

Turn up the radio. I know I'm a big help. This problem will get louder if it is the exhaust. If it is the torque converter or the flex plate, you will know when the truck wont move. :D
  9. A

This 4x4 makin me ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Ranger came to me with out a shift motor. Just a rats nest of wires . Too cheap to buy a shiftster, so I used a pair of 5'' vise grips to shift it into 4 w high. When I want 4wd, I lock in the manual hubs . I keep the vise grips in the side pocket of the door.
  10. A

Is it terminal?????

Drilling and using 3/8 bolts and some 3/16 flat stock or angle depending on the problem your fixing. I dont have a welder, but I have had good luck with bolts keeping my Jeeps together. You have a rig that you know. Bash it straight and fish plate it. :icon_thumby: