•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by B2dangerous

1. B2dangerous

heat issues on '85 bronco II

You have a plugged heater core. A heater core is just a small radiator that is used to radiate heat that over time will plug off due to calcium deposits, crap floating around in a cooling system, colapsed passages or if there has been some kind of stop-leak ever added to your radiator. Not...
  2. B2dangerous

questions about tfi relocation

Are you sure its the TFI module thats bad? I had the ignition pickup thats located in the distributor that would cut out when it got hot. Sometimes it would cut out like a bad plug wire and other times it would kill the engine but would restart after it cooled down. They aren't expensive to...
  3. B2dangerous

What to do with misc qaurts of oil

[so you're saying you use that stuff in your crankcase? no wonder it burns oil and has extreme blow-by!] Use it in the crankcase, or at least what will stay in the crankcase! Too many hard miles on the turd 2.8 so not going to spend a dime on it to rebuild. When I dump a couple qaurts of 2...
  4. B2dangerous

What to do with misc qaurts of oil

I have a worn out 2.8 in the ole B2, leaks, burns, lots of blow by out the dipstick tube. Until I find the right 302 (Cheap!) to replace it with I have been getting rid of years of leftover oil from various projects. So far I have used alot of different brands of 2 stroke oil, motorcycle fork...
  5. B2dangerous

BII (some know how)

It depends on what your idea of 4x4ing is on what tire to use. Sure a 31 x 10.50 will work on a stock rig if all your doing is cruising dirt roads, but if you plan on doing alot of mudding, jumping or severe rock crawling your going to need some kind of lift and some fender trimming. Right now...
  6. B2dangerous

Just picked up BII #2!

Nice score! If it's electric shift 4x4 make sure your electric motor on the back of the transfercase is working. Common problem with these electric motors is they get corrosion inside and stop working. There are directions in the tech section on taking them apart and cleaning.
  7. B2dangerous

Another $50 Paint Job

I sprayed mine in shop/garage. Make sure you sweep your floor real good and then wet it down right before you spray to keep the dust down. Also, cover anything you have in your garage with plastic because painting mist will get on everything. Make sure you have decent lighting such as a couple...
  8. B2dangerous

Another $50 Paint Job

Thanks for the offer alpinestar, but the painting isn't the hardest part it's all the prep work that makes for a nice paint job. If you have a compressor and access to a paint gun you can save alot of money painting a vehicle yourself. Also, I'm painting on old 4x4's that aren't show trucks so...
  9. B2dangerous

Another $50 Paint Job

We have a couple of farm and ranch supply stores close that carry a pretty good variety of paints. I don't know if they carry orange, I can check next time I am in one of the stores. The color I painted my BII is supposed to be Ford tractor red but looks almost like orange.
  10. B2dangerous

Another $50 Paint Job

Painted this BII with gloss black enamel tractor paint for less than $50 bucks. Paint runs $28 a gallon and then thinner and sandpaper, turned out lookin pretty good. Also added the before pic
  11. B2dangerous

Radius Arm Bracket Bolts

You can torque them with a torque wrench that can be purchased at just about any auto parts house. I torque all mine and use Loc-Tite. Blue Loc-Tite should be used if you want to remove fasteners with just hand tools, red Loc-Tite you will have to heat up the fastener to remove it. If you have...
  12. B2dangerous

Trailer to pull behind B2

Right ahead of the cabmounts I cut the frame off then used 3" x 3" box tubing for the tongue. I welded the tubing to the cross brace that runs between the front spring hangers and then notched the cross brace that runs between the rear cab mounts and welded it in. I braced it up with angle iron...
  13. B2dangerous

Trailer to pull behind B2

Used what was left of the 89 Ranger to make a off road trailer for the B2. Still need to paint to match the Bronco.
  14. B2dangerous

Wheelin the Bronco's

A few more pic's. I wondered about the coils coming out when we were jumping over and over trying to get some good shots. I am going to bolt a strap over the top coil to the coil bucket to help hold them in place.
  15. B2dangerous

Wheelin the Bronco's

Went out wheeling today before all the snow melts. Great day, sun, snow, mud and some stucks.