•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by BeefStew42791

1. BeefStew42791

94 Explorer Slow Acceleration

It is to your advantage to remove all of the air out of the coolant passages. That said you probably will never get absolutely ALL of the air out..ever. If you try real good though and do it well your truck won't overheat. Thats also why I said to keep the heat on for the next couple weeks...
  2. BeefStew42791

94 Explorer Slow Acceleration

ok, you DEFINITELY have air in the system with it fluctuating like that, assuming the p.o. replaced the thermostat as well with the repair like he should have and its not sticking. To get that out drive up on ramps or something similar to get the front end higher up, turn the heat on full blast...
  3. BeefStew42791

35 mph up hill

check your air & fuel filters. that'd be my first thing..
  4. BeefStew42791

Header Question

I'm gonna say get the headers, and here's why.. yes your not gonna add 50+ hp like you would on a smallblock v8 BUT there WILL be a gain in your hp and torque as your flow WILL be better, even marginally. Your engine will also burn cleaner and your mpg will improve (assuming you also get a...
  5. BeefStew42791

Charging System Problems

look for shorts as well, some may not show up when the truck is off, but show up when your driving which will rob the alternator of power. Thats exactly what my problem was, and the culprit ended up being in uninsulated wiring that was making contact with who knows what. As was said though it...
  6. BeefStew42791

Wnindshield wipers quit working on my 90 Bronco II

x2, I'm thinking its most likely a loose ground somewhere that'll get finicky when it wants to. Or it may even be a rusty ground..haha or a double whammy of a loose rusty ground. Anyway, those would be my first places to check because (1) it just may be it and (2) because its free minus the hour...
  7. BeefStew42791

B2 Light bar for roof

hrmm...seem a bit stuck there do ya?:icon_hornsup: