•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by belovedb2

1. B

Tires and Rims

That be wild Bill?
  2. B

Tires and Rims

The rim that I am looking at comes only in 15X8. It's a Rock yuma type. Still OK?
  3. B

Tires and Rims

B2 is an 86, not sure that matters
  4. B

Tires and Rims

My B2 needs new tires and I have decided to also get new rims. I plan to keep it stock. I have done research on our web site and found some rims that I think will fit so I think I am go to go. Here is the plan. Tires 235/75-15. Rim: 15X8, Bolt pattern 5X4.5, Off-set -19, Rear Spacing 3.75...
  5. B

B2 4.0L Engine Drivability Issue

I have completed the 4.0L (93 Explorer) swap into my 86 B2. All is well except for a minor drivability issue. Before the engine warmes up the engine has a pulsing or jerking feeling. As soon as the engine temp gage gets up slightly the engine smooths out. It happens every time. Any ideas as to...
  6. B

Clutch Tripple Function Switch Wiring

I have completed my 4.0L engine swap into my manual 86 B2. The engine seems to run fine even though I have not connected the tripple function switch. What is the purpose of this signal back to the EEC module? Change idle speed?
  7. B

4.0L swap - No Oil Pressure

I have purchased and installed a pressure sensor (really a switch that entergizes at 7 PSI) from a 86 B2 so that it is compatible with the gage. The gage uses a 5 volt regulator (vibrating bimetal type) and when the sensor or really a switch is entergized the gage goes to normal. I have...
  8. B

4.0L swap - No Oil Pressure

After completing the 4.0L swap into my 86 B2 and completing the gage wiring I started the engine and did not have any oil pressure on the gage. I then put a ohm meter on the sender and it did not indicate any pressure. I then unscrewed the oil filter to see if it was filled. It was. I then...
  9. B

Exhaust System on 4.0L Swap

I am at the last phase of my 4.0L engine swap into my 86 B2. All I need to do is replace the exhaust system. I put on JBA headers and want to have an exhaust system that would be clasified as low resistance. What are your suggestions? Do they make a low resistance cat? What about the...
  10. B

4.0L Swap - Lower Rad Hose

I got the hose on after cutting back the bolt. It is still resting on the bracket. I need to put on some type of protector between the hose and the bracket.
  11. B

The bracked holds a strut ( a rod that links the front suspension) and has a bolt sticking straight up. I think I can get the hose on if I trim back the bolt even with the nut.
  12. B

I am completing the 4.OL swap into my 86 B2 and after I installed the radiator from the 93 explorer I noticed a very tight clearance condition between lower radiator outlet and a bracket on the frame that mounts the front strut. Not sure the hose will fit on. I was thinking of shorting up the...
  13. B

One last component for my 4.0L Swap

The incorrect shaft that I bought on ebay was from an automatic and the actual shaft was the correct length if you disconnected the double U joint. As I mentioned the Ujoint was smaller so it would not fit in the front pig.
  14. B

In the attachment is a picture of the shafts. The top picture is the old shaft from the B2 showing the slip joint that mates to the transfer case. I need the shaft dimension from the front U joint to the rear U joint is 26 inches. I would use the existing slip joint. The lower picture is the...
  15. B

I need one last component for my 4.0L swap taking an 93 explorer engine and putting it in my 86 B2. I also changed the trans using a M4OD, thus the need for a longer front shaft. I calculate that I need a shaft that is 26 inches from the center of the front U joint to the center of the rear U...