•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by BLOODBANE

1. BLOODBANE

carb backfiring

Doesn't the 2150 use a power valve as well. it can get FUBAR'd when they backfire through themselves and cause havoc.
  2. BLOODBANE

Before Ex leaf spring swap

Probably rust. I just did a SPOA kit on a Samurai and I had to cut the nut end off and drive the bolts out. Just a guess here.
  3. BLOODBANE

rock sliders ane aftermarket bumper help?

To the OP, the DUFF bumpers are actually pretty good design I have the winch bumper on my first gen Ranger and their non winch on my Explorer. The only thing that bugged me was I had to weld the uprights on the Explorer bumper. As far as sliders like has been said, most are home built. Not...
  4. BLOODBANE

Question for the Explorer folks (or maybe all that read this)

Heres the problem, 94 Explorer, heater fan blows fine first thing in the morning. After you shut it of, when you start it again it will not blow. Blower, blows strong, no noise. During the summer months, if you have the AC on and need to switch to heat, it will continue to blow cold air, even...
  5. BLOODBANE

v8 swap in a 1984 bronco II

Heres a couple of pics Passenger side It is pretty much a straight run back to the muffler(short pack) both sides exit on the pass. side in front of the axle. You can kind of see it here Dont really have any pics of the driver side. The header lets out pointing more towards the back of the...
  6. BLOODBANE

v8 swap in a 1984 bronco II

Looks like your making progress on your swap, but a few things to think about. Mainly with using your stock radiator. You are probably going to run into overheating issues, remember the stock unit was not designed to cool a V-8. It may work for you, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. I have a...
  7. BLOODBANE

Half door mirrors?

I just bought some cheap replacement mirrors for my half doors. mounted them to where I could see and it was done.
  8. BLOODBANE

My Explorer project...

On my 94, 4dr, I just left the rear sway off. It(the kit)came with longer links, but they interfered with the rear shocks. I do run the front sway though. If you aren't running a 4" drop pitman I would agree that could be the cause of your death wobble. I don't have anything like that on mine. I...
  9. BLOODBANE

What gears to use?

5:13's are as deep as the 8.8(unless its a FS 8.8)will take. I have 4:88's in my 4.0 Explorer with the 35's and its a little deeper than stock ratios. a buddy of mine(Thumper113) runs 37's/38's on his 94 Ranger and has the 5:13's and it does really well. I agree that with a tire that size, go as...
  10. BLOODBANE

Seriously confused by 94 Explorer

What kind of codes are you getting? My 94 gave me some fits a couple of years ago and no matter what I did it kept it up. I would get various codes(different each time I would scan it). It ended up being the ECM. I replaced that and no more problems. Hopefully not what your looking at, but maybe...
  11. BLOODBANE

Tires/lifting

Heres my 94 with only 4" suspension lift and 32" Swampers not too much rubbing(only when I really stuffed the tires on it). Same rig with 7" of lift and 35's I wheel the heck out of this thing, on some fairly challenging trails, and havent had any issues with it being "too high". Best thing to...
  12. BLOODBANE

dana 28/35/44 questions

If your only gonna run 33's I wouldn't bother with the 44 swap. the main thing your gaining is better wheel bearing placement(44's are farther apart). I'm running 35's on locked D35's and haven't had any problems with them(BOGGERs and a 347 stroker in the Ranger). If you have your heart set on...
  13. BLOODBANE

What to do with aging explorer

Dont sell it give it some TLC(fix the things as you can) and build it up like this.... Mine is a 94 and has a little over 200k on it, and it gets wheeled hard(even with the automatic transmission). Nothing is better to show up to a trail run in a "grocery getter" and then having everyone come...
  14. BLOODBANE

Ford 8.8 & Dana 35 gearing

I run the 4:88's in my Explorer with 35's(Lock-Rights for Lockers)It does well, but I wish it was a touch slower for crawling(nobody had the 5:13's when I did my R&P swap) You want the reverse cut gears for the FORD Dana 35(front). One thing to remember when installing the R&P(on the 8.8) is one...
  15. BLOODBANE

why dosent anyone want to talk about explorer trans. issues. this worries me.....

Im running the A$LD in my 94 and I havent has any issues with it either. I do have the HD cooling for it though and don't necessarily beat on it. And yes it gets wheeled......HARD