•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by bronc

1. bronc

Bronco II died one day

My BII with 4.0 died one warm day while at a stop light. It went down to like 400 rpm and idled rough there. Hitting the throttle did nothing. Then eventually it quit. You could start it and it would do the same. After sitting for a few hours, it started and ran fine. I am not sure how to...
  2. bronc

Full b2 build, 4.0, d35, 8.8.

I had also read that swapping the dash was easier. I can't comment though because that's not what I did. Originally, I did contemplate swapping the dash to make wiring easier. And it theoretically should because you are basically replacing all the wiring to be the Explorer wiring. So if you...
  3. bronc

The Bronc's 4.0

Well it is the 410 cam specs but made by delta cams as I said. If you can fork out the money for the delta cams, I'd say go with them because of the hassle I went through. As for feeling a difference, I can't tell since I went from a 2.9 to a 4.0. Did not drive the healthy 4.0 before the cam...
  4. bronc

The Bronc's 4.0

I also want to add that it now drives better, straighter than ever before. I think the alignment is better, caster better. It has WAY more power than the 2.9. The 4.0 runs great. It is a blast to drive now. Anyone thinking about this swap, do it! Stop thinking about it. It doesn't take...
  5. bronc

The Bronc's 4.0

Someone had asked to see pics of the swap. I had this on the old TRS but here it is again with a bit of a writeup. Finished the swap. Here is the 4.0 in the ex. Pretty ugly. Pulling the 2.9 And the rebuilt 4.0 in it's new home. Dana 35 is in. You can see the difference in width. It...