•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Bronco_Chuck

1. Bronco_Chuck

no computer codes

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? My 89 did the same thing when I got it. (except for the CEL) Ended up being a crack in the brake booster vacuum line.
  2. Bronco_Chuck

Trouble Starting..

The high pressure fuel pump should be right behind the radius arm bracket. Inside the frame rail, its held in by 2 bolts. This is what the pump will look like. And this is where it should be.
  3. Bronco_Chuck

Project $3k BII Official Prebuild Thread

It gives about 4" of lift when done on an explorer. The BII is spring over so It wont lift it any.
  4. Bronco_Chuck

Trouble Starting..

Well it sounds alot better now. Now make sure you have spark and fuel. (make sure you have pressure at the fuel rail) And as far as the thump goes I can hardly hear it and cant think of what it could be from.
  5. Bronco_Chuck

Trouble Starting..

It sounds to me like the timing is off. One thing that I have found to be pretty common is that people will pull the distributor out to replace the ignition module. And when they do they never seem to put it back in right. So what I would do is pull #1 spark plug and find TDC (Top Dead Center)...
  6. Bronco_Chuck

Trouble Starting..

If it only clicked and didn't even try to turn over I would start by, checking to see if the battery is charged and still good. Then cleaning the battery terminals. If that doesn't fix it check that the Positive wire from the battery to the starter solenoid is in good shape. Then the Positive...
  7. Bronco_Chuck

passenger side sagging more than driver side.

Mine did that but its because one of the leafs in the passenger pack was cracked.
  8. Bronco_Chuck

Auto tranny help ASAP!!!

It should work just fine as long as the ranger has the 2.9L.
  9. Bronco_Chuck

Need numbers fast

About 79 1/2". I didn't feel like pulling it loose so that's with it installed.
  10. Bronco_Chuck

new tranny

The M5OD should be in any 5 speed explorer or ranger from about 90 or so on with the 4.0. If im not mistaken.
  11. Bronco_Chuck

Transfer Case Noises

If you want one the U pull it by me has about 18 B2's. Honestly like 90% of their Ford truck section is RBV's.
  12. Bronco_Chuck

Going crazy...

The thing about the stock gauge's is that they only give you rough estimate. I would get an aftermarket temp gauge to see if it is actually running that hot or if your gauge is just inaccurate.
  13. Bronco_Chuck

Radio resets itself randomly

sounds like the wire that is supposed to be run to constant power is in a circuit that loses power while cranking.
  14. Bronco_Chuck

Frame Mounted Hitch

Its a draw tight. Its kinda smaller than most, it's only a 1" receiver but its rated at 3500 pounds trailer weight.
  15. Bronco_Chuck

Frame Mounted Hitch

Yeah plenty of room around the tank and skid plate.