•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Brooksie1911

1. Brooksie1911

Possible head gasket?!!?? Need help bad, half way cross the country and it’s all bad

Ahh gotcha, maybe I’ll see if I can find a shop with the thermostat and I can throw it on real quick, I think the rough idle and power loss is the TPS, from this point should I not be trusting temp gauge?, yeah just copied it to here
  2. Brooksie1911

Possible head gasket?!!?? Need help bad, half way cross the country and it’s all bad

Also odd to me that it’s only pushing out when I turn the truck off, and I think my first response I posted wrong
  3. Brooksie1911

Ahh gotcha, maybe I’ll see if I can find a shop with the thermostat and I can throw it on real quick, I think the rough idle and power loss is the TPS, from this point should I not be trusting temp gauge?
  4. Brooksie1911

It has never overheated, oil is clear as day smells great
  5. Brooksie1911

I’m not sure if it says it but it’s a 1989 2.9l
  6. Brooksie1911

So I have 14 hours left on a 31 hour drive, the truck has had a rough idle, loss of power, and sometimes a hesitation when stepping on the gas, I went to check my fluids at the gas station and all of a sudden my coolant is black, for some insight the rough idle and other symptoms have been going...
  7. Brooksie1911

Coolant boom 2.9l help

Boiling coolant on the outside of the engine a bunch was pouring on the ground, I can’t tell from where but it looks like it could’ve been around the thermostat. IDFK just give me ideas please I’m gonna clean up the engine and check around some more but I have a big trip soon so I’m not wasting...
  8. Brooksie1911

Rough idle on 1989 bronco ii 2.9

She idles rough in drive, a lot less rough in neutral, occasionally when accelerating from a stop it feels like it’s choking itself out and when I push the pedal further down it breaks though that choke.
  9. Brooksie1911

1989 bronco ii transfer case wiring harness

Looking for a 8 pin straight connector short harness for 4wd relay, anybody know where I can order one
  10. Brooksie1911

4x4 relay

1989 bronco ii auto no mods
  11. Brooksie1911

4x4 relay

I have been trying to fix my 4x4 and I am currently not getting power to the 8 pin straight connector short harness for the 4wd relay, I have been unsuccessful in finding a new one. Does anyone know where I could order it, or is the junk yard my last hope?
  12. Brooksie1911

EXHAUST HELP

Sick, I’ll try this thank you
  13. Brooksie1911

EXHAUST HELP

What do you mean by “bell”
  14. Brooksie1911

Dana 35 front axle

Will a Dana 35 front axle off a 93 ford ranger fit on my 1989 bronco ii? Otherwise what vehicles can I get a front axle from
  15. Brooksie1911

EXHAUST HELP

Thanks for the reply, ya this is my trail rig, I don’t know if I could stand the noise driving this daily lol