•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Calloway

1. Calloway

Timing Issues

Alright guys, try to wrap your mind around this one... After doing an engine rebuild on my 90 B2 with the 2.9, I can't get the thing timed right again. I replaced the timing set (gears and chain), double and triple checked it to be sure it was correct. So to get everything "close" to being...
  2. Calloway

90' Bronco 2 System Amperage?

Thats good, here I was thinking that I was killing my battery life running that many amps... thanks Could you point me toward a good brand that makes a battery for this? I appreciate it...
  3. Calloway

wildbill, looks like you answered most of my questions! Much appreciated. I see what your'e saying about the isolator, I was curious about that. So get a high amp hour battery as the second then. Would you recommend a "deep cell?" I read something once about how batteries with a low Cold...
  4. Calloway

I agree with what your'e saying, but "deep cycling" a starting battery won't hurt it? That's exactly my problem, my charging system can handle the entire stock system, it's the light bar that it wont keep up with. And it definitely wouldn't handle a winch on top of all that! My B2 is my DD so...
  5. Calloway

The stock headlights and Bosch lower fogs aren't bothering the starter as I am able to start it with them on, so I dont think I have a cut-out switch on those. The aftermarket KC roof rack is whats drawing my amperage. I'm worried about this b/c I'd rather not kill my $200 battery with it only...
  6. Calloway

They are run in pairs, both of which have relays that were included from KC. They came stock with 55 watt bulbs but I knew I was gonna put 100 watt bulbs in so I wired them with higher gauge wiring than what came with them. I also put new fuses in to handle the load. As far as the alternator...
  7. Calloway

I've been doing some research trying to find out exactly how much amperage the entire stock electrical system pulls on my B2. The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to install a dual battery setup to better handle the situation I'm dealing with. I'm running a set of KC Highlites (4 lights...
  8. Calloway

New To Bronco II's All Advice Welcome

Welcome to the world of B2's! They're great trucks and if well maintained like fango mentioned you won't go wrong. If it hasn't been done already I would do a "tune up" including plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, filters (air and fuel), oil change, check undercarriage fluids (differentials...