•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Capt Jay

1. Capt Jay

Body Lift worth it?

It all depends on what you want to accomplish? If your just going to stuff stock tires under it then no. If you want a little bigger rubber under her then yes.
  2. Capt Jay

Radius arm help!!!!!

First, return the Duff crap and get something that is going to hold up. Second, return the Duff crap and get something that is backed by a company that doesn't suck. Third, get rid of the duff crap. Fourth, It's relatively straight forward. A jack. A GOOD impact and about an hour. I've take...
  3. Capt Jay

Wheel Spacers

I've been using 1.5" spacers for about 3 years of HARD wheeling and have had no problems.
  4. Capt Jay

Seafoam

A wrench does not come in a can. There is no chemical fix, only bandaids.
  5. Capt Jay

homemade lift blocks possible?

So it all boils down to my first post. Don't make your own. Buy a new set, they are cheep. Or do what I did and make different shackles and eliminate the blocks (best thing I've ever done, no more axle wrap).
  6. Capt Jay

homemade lift blocks possible?

Don't. They are cheap to buy. Or get a set of stock ones off a scrap yard ranger.
  7. Capt Jay

Please help me to lift my Explorer

You can also make your own rear drop brackets. It takes a couple of pieces of angle iron and a few holes drilled. It will also take a little welding. What is your ability level and what tools do you have at your disposal? Or do the spring over. That would probably be easier.
  8. Capt Jay

internal backfire?

Let all that stuff run through it before you make any assumptions. Seafoam won't make your 2.8 less doggy, it's just the nature of the beast. If it continues, I'd check the timing again. My old 2.8 ran great for years. Remember that there aren't self adjusting lifters in those need to be...
  9. Capt Jay

i want more power

Search the site. There are a lot of people who have done the conversion and a lot of very good info available. It will take you by the hand. It's a lot of work but also a lot of fun. Good luck.
  10. Capt Jay

302 swap manifold clearance

No. To tight.
  11. Capt Jay

auto vs manual locking hubs

I stand corrected. I don't have any experience with the larger axles.
  12. Capt Jay

auto vs manual locking hubs

Not a question, manual. Stock or Warn. Not mile marker. Haven't heard anything good about them.
  13. Capt Jay

Bronco II susp. lift ?

Even if it doesn't, having a driveshaft retubed is not very expensive.
  14. Capt Jay

need advice help!!!

The only thing that needs to be extended is the steering arm.