•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by ChopTop84

1. ChopTop84

4wd to 2wd B2

Id be tempted to leave the 4x4 in place. When we race the big diesel pickups, we launch in 4wd, with about 20psi of boost. I can chirp all 4 tires on my 8000lb truck on a really good launch. In fact, the faster classes have a weight penalty if you have 4wd, because they launch so much better...
  2. ChopTop84

4wd to 2wd B2

It depends on what year B-II he uses as a donor. My 90 B-II 2wd didnt come with the dummy t-case. heh, where you located? I'll just trade you rigs. I get your 4wd 90, and you get my 2wd 90. Problem solved!
  3. ChopTop84

tc lockup

No. There are 4 distinct gear sets in an A4LD, plus the locking TC. The TC locking could almost feel like a 5th gear depending on how firm the lockup was. I dont know much about the a4ld locking command from the computer. If its a simple on/off command, then you might feel it, but on most of...
  4. ChopTop84

Rear Drive Shaft Removal

oxy/acetaline with a small tip. get the bolt itself glowing red darn near all the way thru the flange. Also, soak it all in PB blaster the night before. Its good stuff.
  5. ChopTop84

Rear Drive Shaft Removal

You need to get it hot with a torch. They are probably loc-tite'd into place. Also, double up your wrench. Meaning put the tightest box end wrench you can get onto the head, then put another box end wrench over the open end of the wrench you just put on the bolt. This doubles the length of that...
  6. ChopTop84

Anti-freeze in heating hoses

The core I put in my 90 didnt have welds. Im pretty sure they were o-ringed, and then pressed in and then they folded over some of the housing metal to "lock" the pipes into place. They would move around a little as I was putting the hoses back on. I even took it back out to make sure I didnt...
  7. ChopTop84

Anti-freeze in heating hoses

Check your passenger seat carpet. If your heater core is leaking, it usually pools in the passenger seat footwell. If its dripping off the fan motor, then your leak might be RIGHT AT the heater core fittings going into the cab, and then dripping down onto the fan motor. You may need to get the...
  8. ChopTop84

Rear Hatch Repair

well, and there lies the problem. If you already have the tools, and most of the supplies, its a cheap easy fix. If not, then your almost the same money or less (after factoring in time) to get a non broken hatch from the wrecking yard, if they are available in your area.
  9. ChopTop84

Truck randomly shutting off?

My 90 used to do something really stupid like what your described. Be driving along fine and then just die for no reason. It turned out to be the fuel pump wiring INSIDE the tank. The connector on top of the tank had a poor connection, so it got hot, which melted the plastic that holds the...
  10. ChopTop84

Rear Hatch Repair

Its just fibreglass, if you can do paper mache from elementary school, you can do glass work. Go to west marine, or any boat/marine supply store, and get yourself some glass mat and some 2 part epoxy, or vinyl ester resin, or whatever they have in stock for cheap. Get the gate on a flat...
  11. ChopTop84

Fuel Pumps

Fuel pump relay only stays on for about 1 to 2 seconds upon initially turning on the key. It turns back on once the computer sees a tach signal indicating the engine is turning over. Its a safety feature. Check the main power feed going into the relay. Dont worry about the power wire coming out...
  12. ChopTop84

Anyone here make rear windows removable?

Depends on the year of bronco. Some are just glued in, and some are bolted in. Also, drilling tempered glass is almost impossible if you have the glued in style and need new holes. I would try the fullsize bronco option also. Cut below the glass so that the glass and top stay together. Then...
  13. ChopTop84

Any such thing as a removible (and replaceable) choptop?

Its been done, and someone on here posted pictures. They used an early gate with the window that would open.
  14. ChopTop84

Cracked floors on B2

The 84 and the 87 are both cracked. Still havnt looked at the 90. The 84 I noticed BEFORE I chopped it, and the 87 is still stock, and I dont think its ever been wheeled, but its crack is worse.
  15. ChopTop84

Cracked floors on B2

well, I guess that pretty much answers that, its not just my rig. I thought maybe the b2 got hung up on a rock or something and poked thru the floor, or something. Looks like its just a weak spot on all of them.