•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by CKRobin

1. CKRobin

EX auto tranny to manual swap

No my boot is torn around the bolt holes. I was hoping to work out a swap as I need alot of your parts but after noticing how far u are from me I would probably fair better to just buy a junker close to me to steal what I need from.
  2. CKRobin

EX auto tranny to manual swap

So you still need some parts? I am doing the oposite swap as i drive a dump truck every day at work I want to be lazy in my personal vehicle. I have a 91 with a 4.0 5speed I am about to put a new motor in and replace the 5 speed with an auto.
  3. CKRobin

Is it time to sell or upgrade?

Well I think it is coming down to a 4.0 and posible auto upgrade, ok that is going to greatly depend on the rest of the doner vehicle, my current explorer was a $500 turd so I might actually get a better $500 turd, of coarse I have rebuilt the suspension and much of the brakes on mine, we shall...
  4. CKRobin

Is it time to sell or upgrade?

I have a 91 4x4 4dr explorer with the 4.0 and a 5 speed. I have no clue what Ford was thinking when they located the shifer, but I am getting sick of busting my nuckles on coke cans every time I shift into 2 and 4th (I have even broken a few glasses from the house with the shifter.) The doors...
  5. CKRobin

91 Explorer Transfer case

So the bw1354E cant be converted to even single stick? I really need to go the cheapest route. I did an np205 to twin stick for about $100 in my old blazer. I am hoping I can stay in that price range for the full job.
  6. CKRobin

91 Explorer Transfer case

I have an electric shift transfer case, what is involved in converting to a stick or two or three? I know in an NP205 you can do a 3 stick and lock it in front wheel drive only high or low.
  7. CKRobin

2" lift

Are those of you with 2" lifts getting much articulation?