•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by dieseldane

1. dieseldane

Prerunners B II under construction (finally!)

Yeah, for that much a guy could buy the tools and set it up himself for sure.
  2. dieseldane

This is going to be for your front axle right? Remember that a low pinion axle typically used in the rear is not as strong when used in the front due to running on the coast side of the gear.
  3. dieseldane

Thanks, now I need to go measure my 1356 and see if it would be worth it to find a 4406 to use in my b2.
  4. dieseldane

Think you could take a couple measurements for me? I want to see how much bigger the 4406 is than the 1356. Could you measure the from the center of the input shaft to the center of the front output shaft, and from front mounting surface to the end of the tail shaft, and the width of the case at...
  5. dieseldane

Bii with roll-down rear window?

Go study a full sized bronco with a roll down hatch window, might be a good source for inspiration!
  6. dieseldane

b2 and boats

Not yet, but I'm in the process of building a rack to do just that, among other things.
  7. dieseldane

Bumper Guard Surface Rust

I would wire brush away as much of the rust as you can, and then use Ospho or another kind of rust converter, Eastwood makes some also. Then paint whatever color you end up deciding on over that stuff.
  8. dieseldane

Murphy, the one ton B2 build

Gonna watch this one. :icon_thumby: Edit: Got to ask, how'd you come up with the name?
  9. dieseldane

turbo b2?

I think if you are getting a junkyard motor to do a full rebuild on, your money is better spent on another motor. When I bought my b2, it already had the whole Mallory Unilite setup, a Holley carb, Edelbrock headers, and a good free-flowing exhaust. Has great compression and is tuned well. The...
  10. dieseldane

turbo b2?

You would need a loom resistor wire if you don't use a ballast resistor, I do not think the stock wiring contains one, so you would have to add one or the other. Instuctions here: http://mallory-ignition.com/media/instructions/mallory/Mallory_Instructions_unilite_distributor_37_38_45_47.pdf
  11. dieseldane

turbo b2?

The mallory has a built in control module. You'll need a compatible coil, and a ballast resistor, and this noise filter is also recommended. Simple to wire? Definatley, couldn't get much easier, three wires, done. Expensive, and too much to spend on a 2.8? Yes. If you're going to spend this...
  12. dieseldane

Night from hell with my B2!!

Yeah, there is only one I believe. It doesn't use the O2 until the vehicle warms up, and even then only some of the time, so it might not seem like it's acting up when you first start driving. EDIT: Don't know if it will help or not, but here's my thread for that problem when I had it...
  13. dieseldane

Night from hell with my B2!!

Replace the O2 sensor. On my brother in law's truck the fuel pressure regulator failed just as yours did, and it fouled out the O2 sensor in the process. Changed that and it ran like a champ.
  14. dieseldane

Roof Racks for the B2?

Has anyone ever tried to transfer a factory luggage rack from an explorer? I have a 98 explorer that I got to put the v8 in my ranger, and had thought about taking the rails from it and adapting them to my BII. Anyone see any issues with that?
  15. dieseldane

'88 Bronco II Build Thread

Sweet b2! When I finally get around to finishing my ranger, might have to hit you up when I make it to Hogan's.