•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by f6boomer

1. f6boomer

B2 rear axle question

I've got 3.73's and 235/75-15 tires, that is a really good balance in the drive train.
  2. f6boomer

interesting bronco ii sighting

It's a shame they used a B2 body to shelter thier piece of Crap. To quote Ron White, "You can't fix stupid".
  3. f6boomer

Aftermarket Bumpers

Bump
  4. f6boomer

Aftermarket Bumpers

Since there are limited options for Gen 1 BII's and Rangers, does anyone know of alternatives? Such as, Early Bronco, Scouts, (jeeps) or others that have similar frame width and overall width. I don't mind drilling more holes, I just don't want to cut and weld (or fill a gap with 20 washers) a...
  5. f6boomer

Tanks too damn small!

I bought mine with the guage inop., the previous owner said he filled it at 200 miles. I started looking at # of gallons at 200 and realized I had barely used half a tank. Now I go 350 and start looking for gas, and still only put 18 gallons in it.
  6. f6boomer

You know you drive a bronco II when

When your dad had one new in '86 that was pushed off the freeway and rolled 3 or 4 times, and now in mid life crisis I buy a B2 instead of a new Challenger, D'oh! :icon_confused:
  7. f6boomer

how hard is it to change oil pump on b2

Tough This is not an easy job. The oil pan needs to come off and that means the motor has to come up off the cross member. Unless you are skinny and flexible, I suggest taking the time and doing it right by pulling the engine. Then you will have access to replace rod and main bearings, check...
  8. f6boomer

2.9 to 4.0 sawp help request

Search Search this site. Read everything in Tech section and search threads. There is an engine swap thread lower down than Exp/BII thread, lots of questions already answered. Once you have done that there are Many fine people here who will answer specific questions. What year "from" and what...
  9. f6boomer

did Eddie Bauer BII's

Yes My '87 BII EB came w/ 5 speed, cruise control and all the other luxuries.
  10. f6boomer

tires ?

Check your axle code Check the axle code on the data plate inside the drivers door. Check that code with the info on the tech page. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Axles.html If you have 3.73s or 4.10s it will run great. If you have a higher ratio like 3.45s you will use more...
  11. f6boomer

headlight wiring harness

+1 on the LMC HD headlight wiring harness ! ! ! That is the single best improvement I've put on my BII. :icon_thumby:
  12. f6boomer

Just bought my first Bronco II.

Welcome You have come to the right place, TheRangerStation is the best resource for your new toy. I'll speak from experience by telling you to go slow, fix what needs fixing (fix it right), and enjoy driving it. Upgrade later. You have a capable 4X4 that is nimble, Don't try to use it as a rock...
  13. f6boomer

brake light/rear antilock light on

I had the Rabs light on after motor had been out for rebuild. I had also rebuilt rear axle at same time. I lived with light on for awhile then just pulled the bulb. One day while I was under the hood I noticed a wire connection hanging loose and found that it plugged in under master cylinder...
  14. f6boomer

Cant get distributer back in!!!! Help

Been there, Cussed that ! ! ! http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90702 This was my adventure last year. If it's runnin good now i'd be tempted to leave it. Good luck
  15. f6boomer

Post a Picture of your lifted BroncoII

'87 Eddie Bob Just one more for now.