•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by fangotango306

1. fangotango306

heavy duty ultra strength cup holders....welding required

so I have a 93 explorer 5 speed. the cup holders are in the most ridiculous spot ever. the shifter will pretty much hit any size drink you try to put in them, I also hated the arm rest and storage compartment and prefer the pass through design as I sometimes need to crawl into the back seat. so...
  2. fangotango306

New To Bronco II's All Advice Welcome

i have had almost no problems with my b2 that were not caused by myself or poor maintenance. (drove through a small pond and never drained and refilled the front diff afterwards) congrats on the buy man, if you love it it should love you back.
  3. fangotango306

v2 Bronco 2 build

cool thanks man, my 2.9 runs amazing but its got a few leaks. i was going to swap in a 302 but i may just pull it and regasket. only time will tell. also started gutting my interior to do a chop next month. ill have pics up in my thread.
  4. fangotango306

v2 Bronco 2 build

i dig it man keep it up! what all did you do to refurbish the motor? just gaskets?
  5. fangotango306

new b2; start of a long project.

spent today replacing my fuel pump sending unit so now i have a gauge again! and the oil pressure sender......talk about a biaatch! i couldnt get anything on that s.o.b. to close to the motor mount for a socket, and all my wrenches were too damn long and would hit the steering box. ended up...
  6. fangotango306

how to replace plastic mirrors???

pretty sure lmc has them
  7. fangotango306

i know it peels and i did it this way just as a temp fix and to cover the factory silver paint and a couple rusty spots. i have good luck with it if you scuff really good. i usually use 80 or 100 grit paper. i also have some seriously rugged floor mats both front and rear. im not to concerned...
  8. fangotango306

i also gutted the carpet and padding a sprayed the floor with rattle can truck bed coating. as well asthe fender badges. i custom painting my grill emblem and should have that done soon. wll post pics as they come. thanks for the inputs guys. i got plans for this thing!!!
  9. fangotango306

thanks guys! the body is rustolium satin sage, rattle cans were on sale for $4.39 each at the H depot, took about 8 cans but i bought 10. the roof is satin white marine paint, put on with a light textured roller. $15 a quart. and the grill is rattle can bed liner, $10 a can, i bought 2, plannin...
  10. fangotango306

picked up this gem a couple weeks ago, '88, 2.9 auto, all stock and all original, 155K miles, no knocks or smoke. even the a/c works. leaks about 6 drops of oil in a week. and 1 trans line is rusted and weeps a bit. day i got it looks like now
  11. fangotango306

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

started aquiring parts for my 302 swap, got a c4, with converter and manual t case. complete front acc drive from a 89 mercury grand marquis. b&m z-gate shifter, and i found some misc leftover v8 parts in my garage, stainless mustang shorty's (probably wont use) and a 600 holley with extended...
  12. fangotango306

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

theres a few in my area but its a looooong way from UT lol.
  13. fangotango306

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

alright. ill start aquiring parts this weekend.
  14. fangotango306

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

sounds sweet, but the cross members are different. but you can probably put your own holes in to make it work
  15. fangotango306

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

efi is great for a daily on road driver. mine is not a daily. and even if it was i drive less than 25 miles per week. i have had carbed v8's with 3 speed autos in numerous vehicles including rangers. my whole intention is to get away from fuel injection/computer controlled anything with either...