•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by geoffthepoolguy

1. G

broken dipstick tube in a 4.6l exploder

Hey thanks for the advice. I managed to get it out by first twisting it with a pair of vice grips then locking the vice grips down and using a pry bar to get it out. Unfortunately I broke the end off the new one when I was bending it to match the original. Back to the Ford dealer and order...
  2. G

broken dipstick tube in a 4.6l exploder

Hey there, I know this isn't an explorer forum but I thought maybe someone would know the answer to this. I am trying to help a friend repair his explorer. The oil dipstick tube actually snapped in half where the tab is welded on. My question: Once you remove the bolt that holds it to the...
  3. G

Rear anti sway bar looks off center

Thanks for the peace of mind Mike. You saved me a couple hours of frustration!!!
  4. G

Rear anti sway bar looks off center

Anyone have a pic of their rear axle they can post? I was changing the differential fluid today and noticed my anti sway bar looks a little funky. Are the U bolts normally pointing straight up? Also on one side the clamp is actually on top of the side of the "pumpkin" If I can I'll post a...
  5. G

dana 35 torque spec

anyone know the torque spec for the wheel bearing nut on a dana 35 axle? Also, do you torque it to spec and turn back 1/4 turn? Thanks, Geoff
  6. G

replacing spindle bearings

dennis461 you bring an interesting point. I ASSUMED (bad bad word) that since the axle was wobbly with the hub off that is was the spindle bearing, not the wheel bearing. I'll get the tool I need and replace the wheel bearings since I have them and check the spindle bearing while I have it all...
  7. G

Hey Dusto thanks for the fast response. You 2 Mudhound. Dusto I'm not sure what you mean by the spindle snout but I'm guessing I'll see it when I take it apart. Thanks for the advice, you make it sound like its not a difficult job. One thing I forgot to ask, since I already bought the wheel...
  8. G

I need to replace the spindle bearings on my 1990 B2. It has a Dana 35 front axle. This started as just replacing the wheel bearings because the right front wheel felt a little shaky. I couldnt get to the wheel bearings because I dont have the hub tool to remove the giant locknut. After...
  9. G

driveshaft replacement

I keep hearing a vibration from the rear of the vehicle. I assumed it might be the u-joints getting old. If it fit I was going to snatch it up since things disappear fast at the junkyard near here. Thanks for the help!!!
  10. G

driveshaft replacement

My '90 b2 has a double cardan driveshaft. It has the 2.9 and 5speed man.(fm146) I found a '90 ext cab ranger at the junkyard with a 2.9 and auto trans. Will the driveshaft from the ranger bolt right into my b2? :icon_confused:
  11. G

seat retrofit question

:DI found a great pair of bucket seats in an Aerostar minivan. Does anyone know if they will bolt to my seat brackets. I have a '90 B2. Thanks.
  12. G

Decal design

:yahoo: Looks cool!
  13. G

Cash for Clunkers sucks!!!

Yeah sorry, I did not pay much attention to the C4C thing since I wasn't buying a new car. I've been keeping an eye out for a 4.0 and after yesterday I just needed to vent. By no means did I mean to upset anyone. On a lighter note, I did find several Explorere overhead consoles.:icon_thumby...
  14. G

Cash for Clunkers sucks!!!

:pissedoff: So I'm at the junkyard yesterday. They have a sign outside that the C.A.R.S. are here. This is referencing the vehicles traded in on the cash for clunkers program. I was excited to see a bunch of Explorers and Rangers that were not there the last time I was there. Walking around...
  15. G

power window won't go up

Thanks for all the advice!!!! I did like hopster said and held the switch and slammed the door after removing the bolts from the motor just to see if it would spin freely when disengaged from the regulator. Magically it came to life. Thanks again!!! Geoff