•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Gotta_gofast

1. Gotta_gofast

Exhaust Kit

Oh wow, you're headed WAY back! In my area, the quality of service between exhaust shops ranges from neat welds and even cold-galv the welds for rust protection.... to bird-shit welds and dual exhaust that aren't even symetrical. While I understand its not a race car, its still good to...
  2. Gotta_gofast

Exhaust Kit

Six 1.5" pipes straight through the hood. You can even get fancy and slash cut them! Serious note- the manual transmissions in a small vehicle like these feels like an extra 20hp compared to an auto. The autos are sloppy power robbing failures named A4LD.
  3. Gotta_gofast

locking question

Except for how hard it is on the rear suspension, axles, and tires. If you were to run it down the road to get into your favorite hole thats one thing. To drive it on the highway and around town stick something more forgiving in there. You can still have both tires grab 100% and keep quality...
  4. Gotta_gofast

locking question

I wouldn't run a spool or welded differential on any pavement, though. But its a great option for an off-road rig.
  5. Gotta_gofast

locking question

Adding an extra shim puts a lot more stress on the spider gears and it won't give "limited slip" performance (unless you compare to a weak limited slip). Lock rights are cheapest. You can install them yourself as long as you didn't eat crayons as a kid.
  6. Gotta_gofast

regearing

I want to know what shop will only charge $300 labor to regear both axles! Usually you can just go through the shop who's swapping your gears. Sometimes if you bring your own gears in they charge more.
  7. Gotta_gofast

Spark plug gap from OHV-SOHC engines

Different spark plugs. The OHV plugs will thread into the SOHC head but will be about 1/4" short in the combustion chamber. Go back to autozone, throw the plugs at the retard behind the counter and get the correct plugs.
  8. Gotta_gofast

Cash for Clunkers sucks!!!

Downey, Why are you being a butt hole to him? Three people told him it was a repeat subject and he apologized. The additive they use to disable an engine is a sodium silicate solution. Its basically a mixture of sodium silicate (go figure) and water. As the engine gets hot, the water...
  9. Gotta_gofast

Anyone ever used Sea Foam?

I purchase sea-foam from wal-mart. Save's me big time.
  10. Gotta_gofast

2.3 into a BII.. Am I crazy?

I'd go 302 over a 300 anyday... But for the BII, if its low geared rock crawling or slower offroading the 2.3L should be sufficient. If its mudding or any sport requiring you to spin those tires then obviously a 2.3L would be a poor choice. I agree with Seven, the 2.9L is junk. What size...
  11. Gotta_gofast

Fuel injector cleaner/Gas treatment

I use the 1/3 rule with sea-foam every spring and fall...
  12. Gotta_gofast

87, 89, 0r 93 octane fuel

Carbon build up is common and will cause pinging. So will "hot spots". A properly running engine designed to burn 87 octane fuel will in fact make more torque burning 87 octane vs. 93 octane. Higher octane fuel burns slower and colder while requiring hotter ignition to combust. A lower...
  13. Gotta_gofast

302 swap

The E4OD is considerably larger than the AOD and requires the computer to shift it. The AOD (with a 157 tooth flywheel housing) is the smallest and will fit quite well, this is what I run. Some notes about the AOD -Throttle Valve (TV) linkage must be set accordingly or you could wind up...