•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by greasemonkey6886

1. greasemonkey6886

89 Bronco II Issues HELLLP !

I had a very simular problem with my 88 when I bought it. Had power to the coil but no fire. I checked everything like you did with no results. Mine turned out to be a bad connection on the power wire at the coil. It had power but the connector on the end of the wire where it plugs into the coil...
  2. greasemonkey6886

94 Explorer blowing eec fuse

a friend of mine has a 94 Explorer that keeps blowing the eec maxi fuse in the power distribution box. He says that it blows within a second or so of the fuel pump kicking on. He says that he replaced the fuel pump about a month ago. I suspect the fuel pump wiring bad, any other ideas?
  3. greasemonkey6886

wtf tranny

Umm,...I'm no master mechanic but I have had several of the fm146's and if memory serves me correctly it actually calls for dexron/mercon and not gear oil. The gear oil is too thick for the tranny to lubricate itself properly. Loss of clutch fluid is usually a bad slave cylinder or blown line.
  4. greasemonkey6886

odd ball

Tons of those here in Savannah Ga. with that ratio.
  5. greasemonkey6886

Parts from 92-94 Explorer to 86 B2?

If your BII has an FM146 manual tranny noy the comment about needing a new driveshaft is incorrect. The FM146 tranny is the same length as the auto. You want to make sure if you just change out the front axle that the new one has the same gear ratio as your original axle or you will be buying...
  6. greasemonkey6886

country0001's Blue B2 build

Hmmm........Wheels turning....... might have to do that to mine. I hate the idea of blocks in the back and not real fond of longer shackles either. How does it ride or have you drove it yet?
  7. greasemonkey6886

country0001's Blue B2 build

Am I understanding correctly that you put F150 leaves in the back of your BII? If so what did they come off of a 2wd or 4wd, year range, and number of leaves they have. I have thought of trying that but havent gotten around to it yet.
  8. greasemonkey6886

Understandable. I too am facing the decision of which direction to go with an engine swap. I have 2 with the 4.0 swap and I want to go a little different direction on this one but which one??????
  9. greasemonkey6886

Help!!!

Fuel injected engines prime themselves. Check the "crash sensor" in the passenger floor board up next to the heater box. It will be a black switch mouted under the carpet top edge with two wires coming from it. One pink and the other pink w/black stripe IIRC. Push on the red button on the top to...
  10. greasemonkey6886

First of all welcome to TRS! It's a great site and if you do some research you can find out just about everything you need to know. You will be able to put the 31's on with very little rub with just 2 inches of lift, heck I had them on my step child project '89 with no lift and no real problems...
  11. greasemonkey6886

BIIs for sale - where to look

Type "Bronco II for sale" in your search engine. Thats what I did when I was looking for one to replace the one I wrecked. Ended up getting one from craigslist but the search engine returned more than you would think it would also.
  12. greasemonkey6886

Coil Springs...

If the front needs a little lift to level it you could either put a set of explorer 4door coils or washers. The coil spacers would probably be too much.
  13. greasemonkey6886

88 BII winch bumper!!!

I'm pretty sure that it is a lot stronger than the factory bumper. If you put some diamond plate steel across the top to fill it in it would make it look better and add more strength pluss give you a good step for standing on. Keep plugging away man, your off to a good start!
  14. greasemonkey6886

Calling the A4LD pro's-Reverse but no drive

Ok a little background...89 Bronco II 2.9,A4ld w/dummy transfer case. Bought this thing about two months ago and trailered it home. it would move when I got her but the fluid was low. Previous owner stated that he had just put a new flywheel and starter on it due to the wrong starter being...
  15. greasemonkey6886

Tires

Didn't scrub except for when you turn the front wheels to full turn. Didn't do any really serious flexing with it but what I did it done fine. I only ran them on step child with the 4.0 engine. The blue one in my avatar pic now has the 31's on it. It has the 2.9 still w/an A4LD and 3.73 gears...