•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by heptofite

1. heptofite

Won't shift out of park

actually, i don't know if this is true of a functional internlock and t-shifter, but you SHOULD be able to remove the chrome ring on the t-handle by pushing it down, then pull the handle itself off of the shaft, then remove the plastic rod inside and that SHOULD disable the interlock.
  2. heptofite

Won't shift out of park

this sounds bad, but if you just pull it really effin hard till the interlock snaps, you'll be able to shift just fine. the interlock on my 86 has been broken for years. edit: the interlock is manual, not electrical, and exists solely in the shifter itself, not the transmission. it's also...
  3. heptofite

4x4 to 2wd swap

i don't think i'll understand the reasoning behind people turning offroading suvs into something that gets hung up on speed bumps.
  4. heptofite

4x4 to 2wd swap

you can only use bronco 2 beams, ranger beams won't fit.
  5. heptofite

My Bronco II!!

Shitty starter, guy at work has that problem with his 302 powered boat, shitty starter kept eating solenoids.
  6. heptofite

Cat Laws

which is why smart folk drive a pipe through the chamber to prevent expansion.
  7. heptofite

Aerostar Grille

yeah, LMC has them.
  8. heptofite

2.9 transmission

the best way to check easily is for a kink in the shifter
  9. heptofite

i had a bronco II once it had terrible trany problems.

if the bell housing is warped or the input shaft isn't aligned right to the tc and flywheel it'll chew front seals out left and right.
  10. heptofite

Fuel Problem- I have fuel pressure

check the injector wiring and if possible bench-test the injectors themselves. no injector, no fire.
  11. heptofite

43" tires on a BII

i don't think i could ever feel okay with cutting into a body in that good of shape.
  12. heptofite

Where to run cb coax??

i have a mirror mount antenna, i ran the cable under the dash and through the door seal.
  13. heptofite

anyone recognize this b2?

Looks fine (cept the scoop) but i don't think i'd touch it with a ten foot pole. anything that got ran hard like the ad claims is asking for trouble. and lets face it, it's a first gen, it isn't like first gen hoods are hard to come by if you want to ditch the scoop.
  14. heptofite

can u guys tell me about 2.9 v6's

I'm in the process of having a brand new 2.9 put in my b2. maybe i'm crazy, but i never really cared for the 4.0 swap.