•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by hopster

1. hopster

Code Reader?

no if the pcm sees an issue with the circuit it substitutes a value in for it.
  2. hopster

Swapin 2.8 for 2.9

you will need the fuel tank and lines from a 2.9 b2 and the pcm out of the donor
  3. hopster

Jeep Coils

3 inch jeep springs might not lift it much. stock jeep coils actually will lower your truck. but aftermarket springs are usually stiffer so i guess we'll see when u do it.
  4. hopster

liftgate

make sure the bushing is still on the striker also
  5. hopster

Flipped bii pictures

whatever you decide keep it aroound you never know what your gonna need. i have 3 flipped rbvs in my backyard they come in very handy sometimes.
  6. hopster

94 Explorer Slow Acceleration

do a compression test
  7. hopster

Hard Starting

very likely to be a fuel pressure regulator. also could be clogged fuel filter.
  8. hopster

89 B2 2.9 4x4 hard to start and rough under load

pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator if fuel comes out of the line replace the fpr
  9. hopster

b2 starting

pull the vacuum line off the regulator if fuel drips out it is definately bad. if not it doesn't drip it does not necessarily mean it is good but this is a good quick check.
  10. hopster

Will this work?

when glueing panels together make sure there is plenty of overlap and get rid of all the rust or you will do it over again soon( ask me how i know). also make sure the surface is free of paint dirt grime etc. or it wont stick. its not the ideal method but it works.
  11. hopster

Newer explorer info please?

the 4.6 is noticably more powerful in my opinion. both the 4.6 and 4.o are very reliable. things to look for on 4.0: during test drive get under a load at 2500 rpm approx. and listen for timing chain noise sounds like lifter noise. 4.6: check for engine miss. on either check for leaking pinion...
  12. hopster

99 Explorer transmission diagnosis?

The pc something is probably a pcm recalibration. It is rare to find anyone other than a dealership with that capability. the flush is always a good idea on high milage buys.
  13. hopster

Wheel Bearings??

its not hard to do check the tech library for instructions
  14. hopster

No start issue

first ste in a crank no start situation is to check and see if you have spark and fuel. do that and get back to us.
  15. hopster

Electric Fan Idea? help?

I'm looking at doing the same thing, but i have a fan i got for free that i'm gonna stick in there and use a temp sender out of a festiva o run a relay to energize it. as soon as i get some free time.