•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by iron butt

1. I

Intake plenum

I'm changing the motor in my 90 BII which according to the date stamped on the old block is 6/87 - 20C. The motor I'm installing has 11/89 - 20F and is out of an 89. I noticed that the plenums are a little different as one is slightly longer than the other in the snout to the the throttle body...
  2. I

Project Money Pit

Got a real good deal on a 2.9, Jasper rebuild with 35k on it. It was in an 89 that rusted apart. Maybe later I'll do the 4.0 upgrade
  3. I

a sad sad day

To bad your so far away, I'm in the process of pulling a 2.9 out of a 90, it has issues, but a good block. You'd be welcome to it, just haul it away, it does run. Or else it just gets stashed,tripped over and moved around. I just got way to much crap that I've been hanging on to.
  4. I

1990 In Tucson

Very nice. The snorkel set up is great, might have to copy that
  5. I

Project Money Pit

I'll be in here alot more lurking around and gathering info. Y'all helped me out a good bit already on some of it. Thanks for the info.
  6. I

Project Money Pit

Originally my son and I where going to work on it when he got out of the Army. That didn't quite work out quite the way I'd hoped it would. But that's ok, he's got other things to be occupied with right now.
  7. I

Project Money Pit

Resurection of the beast to the stock condition. Then we'll see from there what happens next. I'd like to lift it, put some different wheels and tires on it, nothing to extreme. Manual hubs and get rid of the push button 4X4. It will mostly be a winter ride, grocery getter and toy for now. I had...
  8. I

Project Money Pit

I've had this laying around for a couple years and decided to get started on it. It used to belong to my brother in law and it sat around neglected only used occassionally. I should've posted pictures of the muck that came out of the oil pan. It has some rust on it, but this is the worst spot...
  9. I

Wheel Bearings??

If you need to replace the rotors, find out the build date, mid year change messed me up. Personally I wouldn't let Pep Boys work on it. Auto Zone has a good exploded view of it on their site. I changed calipers, rotors and bearings on mine pretty cheap, just took some time.
  10. I

Wrecked 87 Bronco II

I don't have a picture of the wrecked 87, but if there was a fold down windshield it might work. I' ll post a picture of my 90, it's in pretty good shape except for some rust behind the drivers door, in front of the rear wheel. The motor in it is shot and I just picked up another motor with low...
  11. I

Wrecked 87 Bronco II

More interested in getting the 90 on the road. It needs to be road legal. Body was in good shape
  12. I

Wrecked 87 Bronco II

I know about the brake parts, having been through that with the 90. I don't have the vehicle yet, I've got till Wednesday to make up my mind, if there's enough usable parts to make it worth dragging it home and incurring the wrath of the wife. fordza I'm in S.E Pa.
  13. I

Wrecked 87 Bronco II

It's been awhile since I posted. My son bought an 87 B2 and rolled it on it's side, taking out the windshield, rear and side window. It has a good motor, manual trans and manual hubs. I'm in process of putting together a 90 B2 and wondering how much of the 87 stuff will interchange and is it...
  14. I

Need info

I'm currently involved in removing the oil pan on a 1990 Bronco II ( oil pump replacement)and it's a royal pain in the a**. Anyhow the book I have (Haynes not even decent toilet paper IMO) says I have to move the front stabilizer, but I really don't see how that is giving me any extra space to...
  15. I

How much will a junkyard give me

Post some pictures of it