•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by jules

1. J

Gear shifting difficulties - 85 BII

ok, i picked up a mityvac and it is pulling all kinds of air out of the line when I provide suction at the bottom of the clutch fluid reserve. I think it is gonna fix it! for anyone else interested, I just watched this video:
  2. J

Ok - I filled it and it is still intermittently having issues. Should I use a vacuum pump to bleed? Is that the best technique?
  3. J

Heya thanks for the advice. I just checked the clutch fluid reservoir and it is indeed empty. Is this something I can just fill or do I need to bleed the system? Is this something that a n00b can do? I don't actually know what fluid to put in there - is it brake fluid?
  4. J

Ah yes! Manual 4x4. This is in 2wd mpde
  5. J

Radiator swap questions

I ended up just buying a flexible hose and sticking it on there. So far so good!
  6. J

1990 Bronco 2 rear quarter glass (the big rounded windows) - left and right

Pulled both windows off a vehicle at a salvage yard right before they crushed her! they are tinted and in pretty good condition from what I can tell. They have a few cuts in the rubber from when I was trying to get underneath them with a razor to loosen em up, but nothing terrible. Happy to...
  7. J

hi fam. I have an 85 B2 that's new-ish to me. I've done some work on it: New dual core radiator New plugs/wires Distributor cap and rotor New valve cover gaskets New Heater core I'm dubious any of these are related but I'm mentioning them here just in case they are. Now - the issue. After...
  8. J

Hail took out my driver side back glass, need a replacement.

hey i'm up in portland OR and just pulled two pieces of glass from a 90 Bronco 2. Happy to sell em both to you but shipping is gonna be an issue...
  9. J

Radiator swap questions

I put in a dual core radiator, but now the lower hose is kinked a little. I’ve taken about 1.5” off, but the new angle of the radiator seems to be linking the hose no matter what. Is this a big deal? How should I handle this? These hoses seem to come pre-formed. Did I make a mistake on choosing...
  10. J

85 B2 newbie - can you help me triage this info?

oh gosh! 6 months 😱 yeah, I ended up fine tuning it yesterday as well and feel good about driving it. My computer still doesn't wanna talk to the code reader so I guess we're good!!
  11. J

ok, I had a friend come over and help me adjust the carb. I think we have it running better now. No luck on the computer and reader, so I'll tackle that another day! I'm gonna get the cel and see where we're at
  12. J

ok, chatted with my local o'rielly store and they can't read codes on this old of a car. i'll keep calling around. the cel def doesn't come on so I'll have to order a new bulb and look up how to replace that. Right now I'm cleaning the engine and tightening the valve covers since I'm frustrated...
  13. J

ok, status update. I tested the wires that I thought I fried (the leads). those are working just fine. I tried the jumper test again and the motor didn't respond, however starting the car and revving the engine caused the motor to push out that rod, which affected the throttle so maybe we're...
  14. J

We're working on a few things that may or may not be intersecting: 1. the CODE 18 SPOUT issue 2. the high idle ok, mixed results. I was working with my son to test that motor. Turns out the jumpers we connected got pulled and touched each other as we switched the wires. So either I burned out...
  15. J

ok, looking in my Haynes book, seems I'm supposed to test this with a tune-up tachometer, which I don't have. Is this something I should be farting around with? Trying to balance what I should take to the shop vs what a total noob can accomplish