•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by K-Slice

1. K-Slice

Explorer to Bronco II?

If ya take the explorer shackles too you'll get a free 1-2" inches of lift in the rear. Dead Explorers definitley make a great donor car for a bronco II. My freind is constantly breaking half shafts out on the trail, I've never broken one with the D35.
  2. K-Slice

Explorer to Bronco II?

Switch over the front and rear axles. They're MUCH stronger than stock ones, plus, you'll get to use your new brake parts!
  3. K-Slice

my $1500 Bronco II build

HA! Just what I was gonna say. For $100 more mine had a full body, lift, and explorer axles...
  4. K-Slice

Seafoam

If you could buy headgaskets in a can, wouldn't everyone do it?
  5. K-Slice

Flip out rear window

There's lots of BIIs around here in at the one JY I go to. Even a RWD one! But yeah, switching the whole hatch is a piece of cake, probably easier than just changing the wondow. The hatches with the rear glass that opens though, arent that plentiful.
  6. K-Slice

Hubs???

Never had any problems with mine.
  7. K-Slice

valve noises

Seafoam in the crank case, then try running like half a bottle of lucas. If that doesnt stop it then go to adjusting the lash. and if it still ticks your gonna need new lifters to quiet it down.
  8. K-Slice

Bumper build

Nice! Don't forget about some KC's!
  9. K-Slice

Looking at a wrecked 1991 Ford Explorer (pics)

It looks like it should be a good project. My S10 had that same kinda damage but I never fixed it... If all it needs is what's visably wrong with then I'd say ok, but if it's gonna need over $500 just to be able to drive it I'd say nooooo. My B2 was $600, and while it is rusted that included...
  10. K-Slice

Rear body mount support fix?

Mines not rusted up the sides, just on the bottom. It looks like I could just find a long thin piece of thick steel I could use it to remount the body. It only sags on the side the stupid tire carrer was on...
  11. K-Slice

Rear body mount support fix?

My rear mounts went totally through that rotted support on the body and now my hatch wont close all the way :/ And since I dont have a welder I cant do that fix.. The explorers used a different hatch I believe. Do some measuerements and see if it's the same width.
  12. K-Slice

Dana35 swap?

It will need to be aligned with the new axles. When I put my 35 in there was no issue with it sagging or anything. Then again, I also put f150 coils in it at the same time...
  13. K-Slice

85 B2 on 36" Military tires

That things must have no takeoff at all with those tires on there! It looks cool though. Explorer axles are pretty easy to swap, me and a friend did it on mine.
  14. K-Slice

Spare tire mounting

The stock carriers aren't that supportive. The body on mine sags on the side the tire used to hang on, put too much stress on it i guess... Wish I had a roof rack to carry a spare, now I just don't have one...
  15. K-Slice

interior change

DOnt think they ever made a black interior in the Bronco II... Your best bet will probably be paining. My buddy had a ranger and painted some of the interior yellow, it lasted a good while before the first bit of paint started coming off.