•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by kkjb4x4.0

1. K

4x4 issue. 94 Explorer XLT

You said auto hubs? They crap out all the time, they hum click and clunk.
  2. K

Before Ex leaf spring swap

I had to sawzall all my bolts out quickest and easiest way that I could find then I bought all new bolts and bushings from the stealership.
  3. K

Looking for an Explorer

I looked for a long time for a replacement for my 97 b4000, I either missed the good deals or I found them too expensive. Actually made a deal on a 00 ext cab 4x4,3.0 auto, put a deposit on it and after considering it I backed out and let buddy keep my $50 deposit. I did'nt really want a 3.0...
  4. K

Looking for an Explorer

Seems way over priced to me,and I live in Canada where everything costs more.Personally I look for vehicles that may need minor work and get it on the cheap. $2500 in repairs is what maybe$500 to $800 in new parts?Offer him $3000.
  5. K

tranny, tcase problems?

I could be completely wrong ,but I read in the tech section that the speed sensor in the rear axle sends info that controls torque converter clutch, shift scheduling and a few other thing. Seeing as how you rebuilt the rear end ,maybe this sensor got damaged?
  6. K

Pros & Cons of installing a Body Lift on an offroad 4x4 truck

I don't think a bl on a ranger looks too bad,,not as bad as some chevy's I see. A few years back I put one on a s15 to clear 275 75 15's, looked like crap and the engine bay was a snowdrift in the winter and would'nt start well .I would consider a 2 or 3 inch bl to clear 33's on my 97.