•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by leftysdad

1. L

Tips for manifold gasket

Thanks for the advice, so definitely going to remove the wheel well, and go that route, it's a southern one, so no rust to deal with I'll get those sockets as well
  2. L

Tips for manifold gasket

Tips or tricks for replacing the passenger side manifold gasket on the passenger side manifold to head Thanks in advance
  3. L

Rocker arm torque

Where can I find the info on doing it....the sequence, etc.... Thanks
  4. L

Rocker arm torque

I mean with a ratchet and socket, sorry, should have been more specific
  5. L

Rocker arm torque

So if it got quite when I tighten down the rocker arm.....then started back again shortly, then the lifter is bad correct, and head has to come off
  6. L

Rocker arm torque

Its a 89 2.9 So.....I tighten down The one that was lose , by hand, not super tight, just snug where it had no play....put it back together, engine sounded perfect!.......20min later, Ticking again....like I never touched it
  7. L

Rocker arm torque

Got my passenger side valve cover off to see of I can see anything causing my tick.....one of my rocker arms I can push down easy , 2nd one from the front...all the rest are tight....is there a torque spec, or do I just hand tighten down....new to me, so that's why I'm ask, thanks in advance
  8. L

Rotella oil in 2.9

Thanks guys
  9. L

Rotella oil in 2.9

I'm doing a motor flush on a 89 2.9 I bought to help quiten down the noisy valve train, that's been parked a year....the guy at the local parts store suggested going back with Rotella 15-30 oil made for diesel engines....anyone heard of, or, anyone trying it Thanks in advance
  10. L

Hot wires for fuel pump

What two wires, coming from the fuel pump at the back of the bronco, not under hood, are straight power and ground....wires are butchered on my 90 B2 I bought and I'm just want to straight wire the pump to see if it cuts on....from the rear at the tank, thanks in advance
  11. L

88 B2 Hard Start

Both are Ect codes***
  12. L

88 B2 Hard Start

So 21 and 51 I have now Both are extremely codes....one says ext out of range I just bought it, it's brand new Any thoughts?? Still don't won't to crank after warmed up
  13. L

88 B2 Hard Start

Check the codes today and it's throwing 53 and 35 Any idea what those are, thanks
  14. L

88 B2 Hard Start

88 B2 with the 2.9 starts perfect when cold....once it warms up, literally have to hold the gas to floor to get it to start back, like a ild carburetor car when it flooded....Any ideas....thanks in advance