•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Mac

1. Mac

1988 B2 Conversion using 2000 Explorer 302

Make that a 3 wire CPS to go with the '97' harness/CPU (to be included in package). Most would recommend staying away from the 160 deg thermostat. Dave of the Nord
  2. Mac

Dave, if you can't find those manifolds in a yard, Rock Auto has them new for abut $107 new. Dave of the Nord
  3. Mac

Dave, the socket required for the dampener is a 15/16". All the internals and threads into the block are still SAE. Dave of the Nord
  4. Mac

Well, you were going to get another trans anyway. Think you're learning about the intelligence of some of the city people there. I did some digging on your spedo problem. Asked another well known V-8 expert and he said a lot of the Mustangs and other earlier Fords used the VSS from the trans...
  5. Mac

There are several headers on E-Bay but cheaper from Rock-Auto, think the TRS discount is still available with the latest discount code. Runs about $107 for the pair new with some hardware. Dave of the Nord
  6. Mac

Difference in how well the exhaust fits with the wires is due to the different head designs, Dave (OP) is using the "P" heads that the manifolds were designed for. If you have seen the insides of the tube headers, you'd toss them. Many have used 90 Deg or other angles on the plug boots for...
  7. Mac

Would OP be able to convert that 2000 trans to cable operated spedo, stock, I thought signal was from rear end and digital? His is the 2000 4x2 version and not using the B11 dummy case. Seem to remember someone pulling the tailshaft and adding drive gear, provision existing in case to mount...
  8. Mac

Another word of caution, make sure the trans and ECU are of the same year or very similar. A '97' ECU is a no-go with a 99-2000 trans from what I remember. Someone else here ran into that problem. Best check. Dave
  9. Mac

The oil pan bolts "might" work, depending on if your donor has the steel pan vs the aluminum one. I know I have a couple of '97' XDT2 computers I've had for 4-5 years as well as a '96' take-off engine harness from a crate motor if you have trouble finding them. I just went thru many pages on...
  10. Mac

Tax time overhaul?

NO,No, No. Divide the in-lbs required by 12 to get the right reading on a ft-lbs wrench. My good Craftman ft-lbs only goes down to 25. My in-lbs goes down to 25 in-lbs. Hot Rod Mag just did a great comparison of Snap-On and the Harbor Freight version and they were with less than a 1%...
  11. Mac

Swap Question

I know nothing about Duraspark but that distributor is from like '69-73'. Dave
  12. Mac

FSB 5.0 for a B2

Mustang trans wont work with a 4x4. Most use the trans out of a F-150 and the x-fer case to avoid bucks for the adapter. Dave
  13. Mac

FSB 5.0 for a B2

Better heads, intake and the shorter front dress, usually a lot fewer miles than others. Cam and computer are the week points. Heads take different headers on the '97 1/2". Dave
  14. Mac

Ford Explorer vs Jeep Cherokee

I loved my '90' Cherokee. That old design straight six was unbeatable. Replaced a thermostat and then the front brakes went out at 140K. Body was starting to go but it sure got me thru some tough Winters. Would have bought another but they came out with that wimp-ass Liberty replacement. Dave
  15. Mac

what is the standard size tire for a 86 B2 4x4?

I know at least for the '84's, the standard was 195-75/15. I had the upgraded 205-70/15, required the outside tire mount. Very popular even then for owners to go even larger. Dave http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/ford_usa/bronco_ii/bronco_ii/1986.html