•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by mattc113

1. M

Gas mileage?

i have 4.10's, 2.9, auto with 31's and i get about 16-17
  2. M

Body Lift vs Suspension Lift?

im considering 3" coils, explorer leafs w/add-a-leaf and a 1" block, it will clear my 31's easily, and with some minor fender trimming, i should have no issue flexing. if you just want the look of a lift, room for some bigger tires, but dont plan on doing any serious wheeling, body lift would...
  3. M

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

unrelated to your build, but could you message me what all it took to make that trailer? as in how you did the suspension and axle. and did you just cut and weld the frame after the cab?
  4. M

Custom Bumpers for 1990 BII's?

i just bought bumpers for a wrangler, smittybilt src front and rear, got them used off craigslist for $250, another $40-$50 to weld them on, cant beat that.
  5. M

should i change the gears in my 89 bronco ii

also it helped when i replaced my locked up fan clutch.
  6. M

just finished swapping to 4.10's, 2.9 with 31's, now i can easily cruise down the highway at 65-70 at around 2800rpm.
  7. M

if you plan on highway driving, you might want a higher gear, i have a 3" lift with 31"s and im re-gearing to 4.10's
  8. M

acceleration and maintaining speed issue

so manual hubs up front wont make a difference?
  9. M

also, if i swap the rear gears to 4.10, will i need to change the front gears as well?
  10. M

well, the motor only has around 55-60k on it. i bought it from my cousin and actually helped him rebuild it 5 years ago. so the motor should be strong, transmission was rebuilt 4000 miles ago. i'll look on my rear axle for the code tag so i can figure what gears i have. so its just as simple...
  11. M

driver side door internals

i just replaced the motor on my passenger side, and its an 89, with the speaker in the way. it was a little bit of a pain taking it out, but puting it back in was easier. and cheaper and easier than getting a new door, praying that everything inside is in working order, sanding it, priming it...
  12. M

well, ive checked the timing, its fine, its got new plugs and wires, new rotor and cap, new fuel filter, cleaned the injectors, no vaccum leaks that i can hear or find. only thing left i can think of is the transmisson filter maybe being clogged or the trans cooler not working? maybe the rear...
  13. M

no, i never thought to.
  14. M

if im in drive, i can maintain around 55 going uphill, but my rpms top out at 4200rpms, 3000rpms in 4th. im stumped. going uphill at 35 i can floor it and it accelerates fine, just up to 55.
  15. M

well, i had a jeep in high school that had a 2.8v6 and 4.11 gears, and it wouldnt go above 55-60, but i doubt i have gears that low in the b2.